1. iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Telephone Selecting the telephone mode some tips and also how it works and how it can be best used for individuals

The car phone can be switched to various modes at Telephone -> Settings -> Telephone mode

Automatic

Telephony optimised

Data services optimised

Various settings are required/recommended for each customer usage profile.

Telephone Selecting the telephone mode

Automatic

Fast data connection in the UMTS (3G) network is available in the vehicle

Data and speech can be transferred at the same time

Depending on availability, the telephone module switches automatically between UMTS and GSM networks

Duringa telephone conversation, the network can be switched from 3G to 2G; this cannot be reversed

Audio problems when switching from 3G to 2G are to be expected

In the worst case, the danger is the conversation breaking up sporadically during the journey when switching from UMTS to the GSM network

In GSM mode, the data rate is reduced and Wi-Fi is deactivated to ensure telephone calls can be received. During a conversation, Google Earth accesses the buffered data in GSM mode.

Telephony optimised

The telephone module only uses GSM (2G) networks

Data services at lower speeds are available

Data services are not available during a telephone call

Telephony quality corresponds to the quality in D3 Recommended for users who prioritise availability of voice telephony

Data services optimised

Same as "Automatic"

WLAN Hotspot (iPad) also available for GSM reception in all networks (with "Automatic", only in the T-Mobile network due to particular configuration of T-Mobile networks)Recommended for users who prioritise fast data connection

iphone fix 2012 >

Infotainment system MY12 improvements

New address book function for iPhone with BTA in MMI3G+

New functionality:

Customer has an iPhone and a couple of "Multi-SIM" cards.

One SIM card is in the iPhone, second SIM card is in the MMI SIM card reader

iPhone connected to MMI via Bluetooth.

Result:

SIM card in card reader allows reception via roof aerial and online services

Bluetooth connection to the iPhone allows access to the iPhone Phonebook

Operation:
    The following operating steps are required to be able to use these functions:

The first SIM card is already inserted in the MMI card reader

The second SIM card is in the HFP-enabled mobile telephone

Start Bluetooth device search from MMI

The device found is offered only with the Audioplayer or Address book profiles

Select the (Address book) option

New address book function for iPhone with BTA in MMI3G+

Compatibility:The function is not restricted to the iPhone. It can be used on all mobile telephones that support the Phone book download; see database for mobile devices.http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/tools/bluetooth.html

Application options:The first SIM card can also be inserted in a SAP mobile telephone or a handset.The following variants are possible:

SIM in card reader +HFP mobile telephone in address book profile

SIM in handset +HFP mobile telephone in address book profile

SIM in SAP mobile telephone +HFP mobile telephone in address book profile In addition, one of the mobile telephones can be connected in the Audioplayer profile, if supported bythe mobile telephone.

New adapter cable for the iPod/iPhone:A new adapter cable with integrated Apple chip is required for the new Audi Music Interface functions to work. Part number: 4F0 051 510 R
    Infotainment system MY12 improvementsNew functions for the Audi Music Interface MMI3G+ and RMC

Supported devices:The following Apple devices support the new functions:

iPod Nano 5G with FW 1.0.2 or higher

iPod Touch 1G with FW 3.0.0 or higher

iPod Touch 2G with FW 3.0.0 or higher

iPod Touch 3G with FW 3.0.0 or higher

iPhone 1G with FW 3.0.0 or higher

iPhone 3G with FW 3.0.0 or higher

iPhone 3GS with FW 3.0.0 or higher

iPhone 4G with FW 3.0.0 or higher

audi phone software updates http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/too...ner=layerModal

http://www.audi.com/com/brand/en/too...ner=layerModal
    Last edited by a8 tech; 08-05-2012 at 07:50 PM.

2 0 0

2. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Thanks A8,

Just so I understand - when a sim is inserted into the dashboard, the car will make/receive calls using the dashboard sim, but the phonebook from the iPhone is still available? This makes sense from what I have seen on my car - I have three bluetooth connections available for my iPhone - one is the hfp connection for making/receiving calls, one is for streaming media and the third appears to be for contacts. When the phone is connected via hfp the contacts connection appears greyed out, and when the sim is inserted into the dash, the hfp connection disconnects and greys out and the contacts connection links up.

Thanks for the info - very much appreciated!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

3. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    yep

0 0 0

4. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Thanks A8, thread stuck incase some miss it ..

2 0 0

5. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    jbanfie Guest
    Hi I like the idea of "Multi-SIM" as that appears to address the issue of no rSAP in the iphone?

Do O2, Orange, Vodafone etc enable you to have 2 SIMs on the same phone number then?

I take it you just phone your mobile company and they will send you one which you just place in the car, or is there more to it?

Regards

Jon (Car coming soon and thought I might have to go Android)

--- later ---

I now realise I should have not gone anywhere near this topic, but sadly I cannot delete my post!

0 0 0

6. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

0 0 0

7. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, Can I just confirm as my A6 should arrive anytime now, and I am using an iPhone 4S with Orange.

If I am able to get an additional sim from Orange then I could connect as detailed by A8 above, this would allow me to use the sim in the car to make/receive calls and receive data for maps etc...?

I spent the last hour reading through page after page on the A7 forum and just wanted to check my understanding before trying to get an additional sim from Orange.

Thanks...
    2012 A6 Avant (C7) S-Line 3.0 TDi Quattro - Moonlight Blue, 20" Rotors, Sports Suspension, Comfort Pack, Folding Mirrors, Tech Pack, DAB, Heated Front Seats, Bose, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Rear Sunblinds, Powered Boot, Pan Glass Sunroof, Lighting Package, Load Fixing Kit, Through Load Facility, Storage Pack.

0 0 0

8. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    That's my understanding, yes. I have taken my sim out of the iPhone and put it into the car, and the car uses it for data and to make/receive calls.

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

9. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbanfie View Post
    Hi I like the idea of "Multi-SIM" as that appears to address the issue of no rSAP in the iphone?

Do O2, Orange, Vodafone etc enable you to have 2 SIMs on the same phone number then?

I take it you just phone your mobile company and they will send you one which you just place in the car, or is there more to it?

Regards

Jon (Car coming soon and thought I might have to go Android)

--- later ---

I now realise I should have not gone anywhere near this topic, but sadly I cannot delete my post!

LOL!! There is not a single provider in the UK that provides "multi SIM" anymore. There's a great conversation about this over in the A7 section, but this is the key point.

0 0 0

10. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    can you back this up with some evidence for the benefit of other's and then i will ask the question

17 posts great forum contributor

0 1 0

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast