1. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Will let you know if it works the way they've told me when mine finally arrives.... Got news from the dealer that the build date has moved forward by 3 weeks! Which would make it an late April / early May delivery.

0 1 0

2. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Spoke to the dealer today and they have received and answer from Audi technical... To the salesmans surprise it wasnt a straight out no. Although it was a "They are working on a retrofit although viability / cost is an open question at this point as there are possible considerations around licensing and whether the current components will work". No idea about timelines etc.

0 0 0

3. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    For anyone thats interested here is a brochure on the Orange single number stuff which explains how it works.

http://business.orange.co.uk/documen...user_guide.pdf

0 0 0

4. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Just thought I would post a quick update to straighten out a few things. I have now got the orange single number contract and got all the data up and running in the car, the way it works is as follows.

You are provided with a primary and a secondary SIM and there is then a "ring first" service which was setup to ring the secondary if available otherwise call the primary SIM. The primary SIM is inserted in the phone and the secondary in the car. Thus when the car starts up and the car phone is initialized (there is a small lag between engine start and phone becoming available but probably quicker than bluetooth) all phone calls now go through the car and when dialing from the car it shows up as your normal number at the other end.

One thing that was unexpected was around the call lists accessible via the MMI. I assumed this would be a call list just kept locally to the car and only applicable to car SIM but the call lists are all taken from the bluetooth connected phone along with the contact list (This contact list was expected though). All in all this is now prett much seamless. The only loss of functionality is the fact that I cant use the phone to start a call ie if there is telephone number in an email I would have to call, then hang up and then use the dialed calls list to make the call from the car.

All in all works very well and has reduced my monthly phone bill too.

For any further clarifications just ask.
    MY2015 RS7 V8 4.0L - Nogaro Blue

2 0 0

5. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi There,

Thanks for the post and information, I am in exactly the same position with my IPhone not working fully with my car's Sat nav. And was told by Audi that my iphone does have RSAP that is required for google maps & services etc.
    So I cannot get 3G internet or anything at the mo, just normal sat nav & telephone.

Do this Orange Single number service only apply to business users or does Vodafone other carries do something like it do you know ?
    I'm really thinking of changing my phone to a samsung or something but I am really pleased with my Iphone......!

what else is there available to make this work ?

0 0 0

6. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi, I tried calling around the major networks to see if they did a similar thing back at the beginning of the year and unfortunately they did not. Also spoke to vodafone again back in july when i switched over and when talking to the cancellation team I told them why i was leaving and what orange were offering and they still said there was nothing they could do.

I too like my iphone and dont really want to be forced into changing but fortunately I run my own business. Not quite sure why Orange dont offer this kind of thing to retail customers too. Maybe they just dont want people using it...

Cant remember where it was posted but i believe there is a "fix" coming out soon, although it involves plugging the phone in every time!
    MY2015 RS7 V8 4.0L - Nogaro Blue

0 0 0

7. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilPostIt View Post
    Cant remember where it was posted but i believe there is a "fix" coming out soon, although it involves plugging the phone in every time!
    Look at post #22 in this thread

0 0 0

8. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My brand new 2014 spec Avant arrives on Wednesday next week. It has the tech pack so has Audi connect, BT high etc. I am also an iphone 5 user on O2.

Breaking all all this down is it fair to say that if I want to use all of the connectivity functions in the tech pack I am going to have to pull the SIM card out of my phone and put it in the car ?

Thanks for any replies

0 1 0

9. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Scotty, I'm in exactly the same boat. 2014 MY car about to be ordered in my case./ IPhone 5/ tech pack. I believe from research - Mainly on this forum, Audi's knowledge in general about this is patchy to say the least! The best way forward appears to be separate sim in dash on either a pay as you go unlimited contract. or the option I'm intending is a one off yearly paid for sim with 12x1GB. Seems that option will work best in my opinion. Pulling the sim out every time I got in/ out of my car wasn't a viable option, not to me anyway. New car's appear to be better sorted in that the dash sim will no longer take precedence over your phone. I am totally no expert, however if I'm wrong someone will put us both straight I'm sure!

Just as a little side issue. I have only just found out two things. Audi still haven't released an IPhone 5 cradle that works with Bluetooth prep high/low. This to me was entirely the reason why I embarked on a big fact finding mission. My hope was rather than somehow just leaving my phone rattling around in the armrest holder. I wanted to actually plug my phone into a cradle. This then both charges and utilises the external aerial on the car giving hopefully better reception. However...... IPhones no matter how they are plugged in, or to whatever interface you choose do not have an antenna connection anywhere at all !! The whole premise of me not liking the basic Bluetooth connection was flawed from the start. Oh well!

0 0 0

10. Re: iphone fix for 2012 and data sim fix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hopgop View Post
    Scotty, I'm in exactly the same boat. 2014 MY car about to be ordered in my case./ IPhone 5/ tech pack. I believe from research - Mainly on this forum, Audi's knowledge in general about this is patchy to say the least! The best way forward appears to be separate sim in dash on either a pay as you go unlimited contract. or the option I'm intending is a one off yearly paid for sim with 12x1GB. Seems that option will work best in my opinion. Pulling the sim out every time I got in/ out of my car wasn't a viable option, not to me anyway. New car's appear to be better sorted in that the dash sim will no longer take precedence over your phone. I am totally no expert, however if I'm wrong someone will put us both straight I'm sure!

Just as a little side issue. I have only just found out two things. Audi still haven't released an IPhone 5 cradle that works with Bluetooth prep high/low. This to me was entirely the reason why I embarked on a big fact finding mission. My hope was rather than somehow just leaving my phone rattling around in the armrest holder. I wanted to actually plug my phone into a cradle. This then both charges and utilises the external aerial on the car giving hopefully better reception. However...... IPhones no matter how they are plugged in, or to whatever interface you choose do not have an antenna connection anywhere at all !! The whole premise of me not liking the basic Bluetooth connection was flawed from the start. Oh well!
    The lack of an antenna connection is an issue that is common across most (if not all!) smartphones. Gone are the days when your Nokia 6310 had a little rubber cap on the back that gave you access to an antenna connection. Phones that support rSAP and thus allow the transfer of the phone protocol to the car seemed to be the way forward, but many vendors (not just Apple) seem to be dropping their support for this. Tighter integration of phones and cars (eg new Mercedes A-Class) does seem to be happening including using the phone as the SatNav device rather than installing an expensive in-car system, but that runs the risk of making cars phone manufacturer, if not specific phone model, specific. To date Apple seems to be favoured manufacturer for this - presumably because Apple is able to control the entire ecosystem - but what happens to all of the Samsung or Microsoft/Nokia customers?

1 0 0

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast