Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauf786 View Post
    What other VCDS would you guys recommend for a FL. Currently I've only done the needle sweep
    Lap timer. That's good so you see the oil temp and know when it's warmed up before you rag the car

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone got some tips regarding the engine off when opening door. The bit that is shown that needs changing to 0F is already set to 0F on mine. I've tried changing it to 07 and back to 0F but no joy.
    A6 BE Quattro avant 245 2013

i have found this on an A5 forum but not been brave enough to try it - anybody seen this and tried it successfully?

select module 17 - Instruments
    select Coding - 07
    select Long Code Helper
    select Byte 0
    deactivate Bit 2-4 (change from "1" to "0")

select module 46 - Central Conv.
    select Coding - 07
    select Long Code Helper
    select Byte 11
    deactivate Bit 2 (change from "1" to "0")

select Byte 15
    activate Bit 0 (change from "0" to "1")
    activate Bit 1 (change from "0" to "1")
    activate Bit 2 (change from "0" to "1")
    activate Bit 3 (change from "0" to "1")

select module 05 - Acc/Start Auth.
    select Coding - 07
    select Long Code Helper
    select Byte 1
    deactivate Bit 5 (change from "1"to "0")

thanks in advance.

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I've managed (somehow) to change the splash screen in the DIS to 'RS6' but cannot change it back, also I've managed to get rid of the speed sign indicator in the main MMI screen. Can anyone please advise how to change/recover this?

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheroo View Post
    I've managed (somehow) to change the splash screen in the DIS to 'RS6' but cannot change it back, also I've managed to get rid of the speed sign indicator in the main MMI screen. Can anyone please advise how to change/recover this?
    The solution for the first issue lies in the Green Menu. To recover the original screen, please follow this instruction EXCEPT, that the video shows a C6 model, so you have to enter the Green Menu in the usual C7 way:

How to change splash screen Audi MMI 3G (A1 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 Q3 Q5 Q7) welcome boot logo - YouTube

The second thing was probably disabled in the NAV menu, you have to select the setup screen and you can turn it on again.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I'm still trying to code HBA to work with the lane assist camera. Does anybody have any insight to the long coding on the module 85 - On Board Cam? It has no coding assistance and I feel that's the last place should know where I'm supposed to activate HBA to get it working.

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JariYliJ View Post
    I'm still trying to code HBA to work with the lane assist camera. Does anybody have any insight to the long coding on the module 85 - On Board Cam? It has no coding assistance and I feel that's the last place should know where I'm supposed to activate HBA to get it working.
    It's not an exact answer, but I found this on this topic - didn't tried it yet:

A3 8V High Beam Assist Retrofit
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks, that's one of the topics where I've based my research on. My car doesn't have module A5 - Front sensor driver assist, which I presume is replaced in my car by module 85 - On board cam. This is based in part on the fact that that module has adaptations for Night vehicle detection deactivation brightness, etc, which based on some forums are also present on module A5. The thing is, I need some long coding assistance for that module to be able to change something.

If I were to randomly check bytes in that module's long coding, would I be looking for some serious trouble or is the worst possible outcome just error codes? As in, can I break something by changing values one by one in the long coding line to see what happens?

If someone has HBA with the lane assist camera, I'd love to get their module 85 long coding info. Or actually, any module 85 long coding with information on the car equipment that uses the camera would help me to reverse engineer the coding in that module.

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks for this, I have tried the instructions in the youtube link but don't have the 'save splashscreen option', so it doesn't change it from 'RS' to 'Standard' even though the green menu shows it as 'Standard'. I hooked it to my VCDS and noticed 4G0-0350670-J module is set to Audi A7 (4G) in byte 5, when I change this to A6, and the startup screen from 'S-Line' to 'Normal' I get a coding rejected Error 31... very frustrating...

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can you change from Longlife to Regular service interval with VCDS?

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 C7 VCDS Tricks 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello to you all, a question: is it possible to enable VIM on new A6 restyling ?
    it seems that the procedure didn't work, the security access is bad with the tips for the old 4G model

Is it right or i'm doing something wrong ??

0 0 0

Page 71 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast