1. Accessing MMI Hidden Menu on Facelift B8 with MMI 3G 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just taken delivery of my Facelift B8, 2.0 TDI, S Line 177. Have done all the usual VAGCOM upgrades ie, Needle Sweep, Lap Timer, Reverse Mirror Dip. I have also enabled the hidden MMI menu via VAGCOM but I am unable to access the hidden menu.

On pre facelift models you press and hold Car and Setup together for 6 seconds and the hidden menu appears. My problem is that on the facelifted 3G MMI, there aren't as many buttons around the MMI wheel / controller. You cannot press Car and Setup together as the Setup button is no longer present.

Hoping A8Tech may be allong soon to shed some light!!

Cheers.
    On Order

Ibis White, 2012 Facelift, 2.0 TDI, S Line Avant 177, Black Edition. 19" 5 segment Alloys, Tech Pack Hi, Silver / Black Super Sports Heated Seats.

0 0 0

2. Re: Accessing MMI Hidden Menu on Facelift B8 with MMI 3G 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Out of interest, who did the VAGCOM upgrades for you?
    A4 Allroad heated, powered seats in Alcantara with leather armrests, metallic paint, privacy glass, high beam assist, xenon & adaptive lights, sound pack with tech pack high and phone prep low, tyre pressure monitor, power tailgate, keyless ignition, folding and dimming mirrors, lighting pack and parking advanced.

0 0 0

3. Re: Accessing MMI Hidden Menu on Facelift B8 with MMI 3G 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    also interested to know if you did it the updates yourself or used someone?

Could we see some pics of your car please? Sounds really nice from your sig!

0 0 0

4. Re: Accessing MMI Hidden Menu on Facelift B8 with MMI 3G 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did all the VAGCOM mods myself. It's petty straightforward as long as you have a VAGCOM cable or can borrow one!! Some really good info in the VAGCOM tricks thread at the top of the page, well worth a read.

Really please with the car and will get some photo's up when it's clean. Didn't manage to get the car with the super sports seats fitted though (as in my signature). Orignially thought that they were an option on the Black edition but turned out to be a mistake in the brochure - S4 only :-( Ordered with Nappa leather in the end!!
    On Order

Ibis White, 2012 Facelift, 2.0 TDI, S Line Avant 177, Black Edition. 19" 5 segment Alloys, Tech Pack Hi, Silver / Black Super Sports Heated Seats.

0 0 0

5. Re: Accessing MMI Hidden Menu on Facelift B8 with MMI 3G 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aled_31 View Post
    Just taken delivery of my Facelift B8, 2.0 TDI, S Line 177. Have done all the usual VAGCOM upgrades ie, Needle Sweep, Lap Timer, Reverse Mirror Dip. I have also enabled the hidden MMI menu via VAGCOM but I am unable to access the hidden menu.

On pre facelift models you press and hold Car and Setup together for 6 seconds and the hidden menu appears. My problem is that on the facelifted 3G MMI, there aren't as many buttons around the MMI wheel / controller. You cannot press Car and Setup together as the Setup button is no longer present.

Hoping A8Tech may be allong soon to shed some light!!

Cheers.
    I have a 2010 MY Avant 143SE and I tried the Car+Setup for 6 sec and nothing happened, am I doing something wrong ?
    A4 B8 Avant 2.0 TDI 143 SE

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John140 View Post
    I have a 2010 MY Avant 143SE and I tried the Car+Setup for 6 sec and nothing happened, am I doing something wrong ?
    You need to enable the hidden menu for this to work

OP, A8 posted somewhere how to do this, I'm sure I have seen it before. I'll go search

Found it -https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...492#post689492

Enable it within vcds then hold in Car menu from what I gather

Quote Originally Posted by A8 Tech;
    All done for new a6 hidden menu
    Vcds 5f then 10 then channel 5 not 6 !!!!!!
    Set to 1 save reset mmi

Press car the menu and wait for the screen to change

To reset press menu then centre button and right soft key

Sent from my iPhone using
    My fat fingers
    Last edited by Guest 2; 25-04-2012 at 03:17 PM.

1 0 0

7. Re: Accessing MMI Hidden Menu on Facelift B8 with MMI 3G - SOLVED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks to A6_Chris and A8 tech for his post in the A6 (C7 section). I can confirm that for the facelifted B8 the procedure to activate and access the hidden menu is as follows:

Vcds Module 5F
    Select Adaptation 10
    Change channel 6 from 0 to 1 (Not channel 5 as for the new A6)
    Save

Reset the MMI with Menu, Centre button and Top Right Soft Key.

To access the hidden menu select Car, then press and hold Car and Menu together for approx 5 seconds. Green Menu will appear.
    On Order

0 0 0