Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Central locking not working, can lock all doors but cannot open centrally

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Central locking not working, can lock all doors but cannot open centrally 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollymixtures View Post
    I have exactly the same problem with Polo 9N 1.2 2002 model. Can unlock drivers door with key only but can lock all doors with key or remotely. Interior unlock button also not working but lock button works. I have not yet tried opening the doors internally with engine running. Will report back later on this. When I press remote unlock button indicators flash and car beeps but no sound comes from any of the locks.
    Got car running and with key in ignition I tried to open the passenger door from the inside by pulling on the internal handle but although the button pops-up when the interior handle is released the button pops down again. this is true of all the doors. I am going to try substituting the central convenience module with a used one from scrapyard. When remote lock is pressed all doors lock (can hear solenoid activate). When remote unlock is pressed no solenoid sound is heard from any doors/boot although the immobilizer de-activates (red LED stops flashing and indicators flash and car beeps)

Any other ideas gratefully received!

0 0 0

2. Re: Central locking not working, can lock all doors but cannot open centrally 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How To Program Reprogram Your Audi Remote Key Fob - A4 | eBay worked for me when I had a similar problem, fault scan showed nothing, both remote batteries replaced = no dice - all but drivers door on near enough permanent dead-lock (when the lock pops back down after manual unlock attempt with internal handle). I say near enough permanent - try this (at your own risk):
    Unlock drivers door with key, get in, close door, turn ignition on (no engine start necessary), turn off, remove key. lock drivers door with door-switch - scarily drivers door is now dead-locked too! Re-insert key into ignition, you'll hear all the deadlocks deactivate and all doors should now unlock and open via internal handle.

0 0 0

3. Re: Central locking not working, can lock all doors but cannot open centrally 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have an 2003 Audi A3 2.0 FSI and had the same problem where the central locking would lock with the key fob but would not unlock.
    This just seemd to suddenly start happening one day.
    I tried the method above but to no avail.
    I had a spare key fob so tried this and found that it worked fine.
    I then replaced the battery in the key fob that was not operating properly and hey presto.
    I think it is a case of trying all the recommended solutions until you find one that works as the Audi Central Locking Systems seem to have a mind of their own at times.
    The most dangerous thing of all on the earlier models like mine is that the car locks itself if you leave the key in the ignition and close the doors.
    After 30 seconds, you hear a clunk and the car automatically locks itself.
    I constantly live in fear of this happening although I do now have a spare key so all is not lost.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123