1. A4 2.0ltr TFSI Quattro S-Line 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just bought a 2007 A4 2.0ltr TFSI Quattro S-Line which is properly mad. This car has been very well maintained etc. My questions are is there any common faults or anything else I should look out for ? Also what's the real MPG, not the Audi published MPG because it's nonsense.

Thanks.

Adz.

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 2.0ltr TFSI Quattro S-Line 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Hi,

What's mad about yours out of interest? Common faults are the rear wiper and other electrical gremlins such as the consumer ECU. I get about 350/400 miles out of a tank mainly urban driving with a bit of motorway road thrown in...

Mike.

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 2.0ltr TFSI Quattro S-Line 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I get similar to Mike from a tank....works out at a real world average mpg of around 27. DIS will show an average of something like 30.5!!

You could phone Audi and find out if your car has had the coil packs changed. Search out coil pack change and you'll find several members have had theirs replaced (me included) even if the car is out of warranty.
    If your car has xenons you might find the bulbs flicker occasionally. It would appear that if left to develop that flickering can cause problems elsewhere leading to expensive ballast unit replacements.....so if you get fllickering bulbs, change them. I've just done mine so you might be following me soon.

Cheers
    David
    A6 C7 Saloon 3.0Tdi Quattro S Line | 242bhp | Quartz Grey
    2016 Triumph Street Triple | 106bhp | Pearl White
    VCDS owner - Lanarkshire Area. PM Me if you need help.

0 0 0

4. Unhappy Re: A4 2.0ltr TFSI Quattro S-Line 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there are a series of common faults with the 2.0t but they are minor and cheap to fix.

1 is turbo waste gate/control valve, google it for more detail but the link below covers all common faults, they have a little plastic bit in that tares losing boost, only £45 from audi and not too hard to fit other biggie is below:

this is a post i did a while ago

PCV Pressure control valve & bad tickover issues, problems 2.0t

Hi just thought i would post this up here for future problems people might have as all the info i got was off other forums:

So after looking at an american audi forum somthing was mentioned about the PVC, a black thing right on top of the engine which controls gasses flowing around the engine i.e breather etc.

i suspected this could be the fault and when my tickover started to get erratic i decided to get one from audi.

My part number was 06F 129 101 C, after reading i heard a series of people said this had gon to prefix D, then E and we were at G, however when i went to get the part we are now on prefix N!!, was not dear £33 inc vat

Anyway sure enough its all back to normal but i suspect this had been failing for ages apparantly tickover issues is the last straw but poor economy and burning oil also are symptoms & high vacume when you try remove the oil filler cap when engine running.

Well worth a check for how much its costs!

also the info here is excellent for 2.0T owners, i have replaced all the items mentioned on mine as so far they have all failed/worn i wish i found this when i first got the car as i would have done them all then but the info was harder to come by then!

hope this helps!

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24952

Both faults seem quite common and seem to go un-noticed unless your quite keen and drive the car hard, but both lead to poor mpg and higher than normal oil consumption so well worth swapping for the cost of them from audi.

Out of interest how much did you pay for yours?

im planning on selling my a4 2.0t quattro avant and not to sure what its worth? has FASH etc but high miles at 130k!

0 0 0

5. Re: A4 2.0ltr TFSI Quattro S-Line 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply guys. What's mad about it ? It's a 2 tonne car thats stupidly quick. It's by far the quickest car I've owned and driven (bar a friends skyline)

About 90% of my commute (15 miles each way) is motorway so I'm hoping I'll hit 30mpg. That's after my first week of "getting used to it"

0 0 0

6. Re: A4 2.0ltr TFSI Quattro S-Line 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's great, thanks sloppy, I'll be reading that in bed with the soundtrack of my mrs calling me a sad ****. The car was up for £10,500 and got it for £10,000. Not sure if yours is the same but mine is the special edition s-line Quattro (2007) it's only got 46,000 too. Don't suppose you have any idea what the "special edition" actually includes ?

0 0 0

7. Re: A4 2.0ltr TFSI Quattro S-Line 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I have the SE SLine version too. The biggest difference is that the SE version gets an extra 16bhp over the standard version....so it's putting out 216bhp as standard.
    Not sure about equipment.
    Mine is a 2006 with 54k on it....had it almost 2.5 years and it's been great.

As for 30mpg....very easy on certain stretches but I think you'll be doing well to get that as an average. My worst mpg was 26.26 with a best of 29.78mpg. It's possible but getting slightly enthusiastic will seriously hamper your chances of getting that 30mpg ave.

PS....get it mapped....250bhp without any hardware changes

0 0 0

8. Re: A4 2.0ltr TFSI Quattro S-Line 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure about the re-map. A mate told me to do within a minute of telling him what car I'd bought. He says I might get a few more MPG but for me it's mad enough for me at the minute.

Does everyone swear by super unleaded or does it not matter (much)

0 0 0

9. Re: A4 2.0ltr TFSI Quattro S-Line 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Im not convinced that a remap gives better mpg.....i dont see how a more highly tuned engine can achieve better economy.

As far as saying your car is "mad" i suppose it depends on what youre used to....even with my remap id guess my audi has similar performance to my previous car.
    Remapping means higher insurance too.

Main thing is that you like and enjoy the car :-)

0 0 0

10. Re: A4 2.0ltr TFSI Quattro S-Line 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you have a part number for the replacement bulbs you bought?
    Thanks
    David

Quote Originally Posted by darich View Post
    I get similar to Mike from a tank....works out at a real world average mpg of around 27. DIS will show an average of something like 30.5!!

You could phone Audi and find out if your car has had the coil packs changed. Search out coil pack change and you'll find several members have had theirs replaced (me included) even if the car is out of warranty.
    If your car has xenons you might find the bulbs flicker occasionally. It would appear that if left to develop that flickering can cause problems elsewhere leading to expensive ballast unit replacements.....so if you get fllickering bulbs, change them. I've just done mine so you might be following me soon.

Cheers
    David
    Audi A4 2.0T FSI Quattro S Line 2005 - 262bhp - 330nm
    Adaptive Xenons - Alcantara Upholstery - Dvd Sat Nav - Heated Seats - Rear Airbags - Bose - Comfort Pack - Seat Memory - Bluetooth Dash Prep - Park Sensors - Cruise Control - Interior Light Pack - MFSSW - RS4 Arb - Rear Tints - RS4 Grill

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast