1. A6 cruise control HELP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I know this has been done to death and I've searched other posts but I'm still not quite sure about what I need to retro fit CC to my 2002 a6 2.5 tdi my a6 doesn't have a MFSW or DIS or the trip computer on end of wiper stalk just a screen about 3cm sq in centre of instruments I've read various posts it can be done and it can't be done I've got a CC stalk and a cable to connect to ecu
    Do I need a steering module if so which one (part number) or can it not be done
    I know the CC has got to be turned on via vcds using 11463 and changing second to last digit to 2
    I tried to look for a "how to" but could find it
    Any definitive answers would be much appreciated
    Thanks Ian

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 cruise control HELP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    you have to hardwire direct to the engine ecu and then encode the ecu

1 0 0

3. Re: A6 cruise control HELP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have done this retrofit and the only parts I needed were the replacement stalk and the additional wiring loom.
    The loom I got came from german ebay and cost me £17. It came with full instructions of what needed to go where but be warned its quite a fiddly job to get the wiring attached into the socket which then in turn plugs into the ecu.

Can't find just the loom but here's a link to all you should need

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRA-SET-Te...#ht_1042wt_967

Once the wiring done its just activated via VCDS

2 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks I'll take a look,I do already have a stalk and wire they look the same what is the steering module I keep seeing in posts on CC

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 cruise control HELP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got to be honest, I don't think that the steering module is anything to do with the cruise control.
    But there are people on here with loads more knowledge than myself.

As mentioned above I only fitted the additional loom and the revised stalk and mine functions 100%

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 cruise control HELP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    From what i seem to have read on here is that if you have steering controls then you already have the corect module but if you dont you need to buy an upgraded one from audi or so as it dosent have the capabilities to use the extra functions such as CC or OBC.

But saying that the company where i am looking to buy my CC set from say that if you have a diesel car its a straight swap!! If you have petrol you must make sure that you have EPC or summit stupid like that.
    Regards,

Will

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 cruise control HELP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Will what company are you using and how much is the kit ?my car is a 2.5 tdi

thanks Ian

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 cruise control HELP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ian,

As i am in Germany the websites i use are German ones, but still self explanatory if you need any help then let me know.

1. http://www.cum-cartec-shop.de/index....th=487_494_495 €45 (£37.16) This is without shipping. delivery time 3 days normally. SORRY BUT THIS WEBSITE ONLY DOES GERMAN!

2. http://www.kunset.de/products/de/Aud...DI-PD-FSI.html €59 (£48.95) Again without shipping. Delivery time again 3-4 days. SORRY AGAIN BUT ONLY IN GERMAN.

3. www.kufatec.de I cant seem to get there website up at the minute but i am pretty sure that this one is in english aswell so you will have less problems.

I am not sure if you would buy anything from Russia but i also found this website. www.auto-retrofit.ru It again has an english version.

ALL four CLAIM to use original Audi parts but i wouldn't know as i haven't bought from any yet. I will be doing this next month.

If you need any help with any of the websites please let me know and i will help as much as i can.
    Regards,

Will

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi will thanks very much I've looked at those websites they are great prices are great
    Thanks
    Ian

0 0 0