Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi A4 Avant written off - gutted! Thinking of an A6 Avant. Views?

1. Audi A4 Avant written off - gutted! Thinking of an A6 Avant. Views? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Having come on here to join as a recent 2003 1.9tdi A4 Avant owner back in April I am gutted to say it has been written off by an incompetent driver. Absolutely loved in and am now in the position of looking for a new car and initially thought of replacing with like for like but have since thought about going for the 1.9tdi A6 Avant with multitronic gearbox and have seen a couple of 2003 and 2004 models that are of interest. Would appreciate any input from fellow members on the pros and cons of these as well as maybe some things to look out for.

Thanks all

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A4 Avant written off - gutted! Thinking of an A6 Avant. Views? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi,
    Looks like I'm in a similar position, its likely my Allroad will be written off after a woman decided to plough into the back of it at the weekend, am gutted. Not sure what to go for next, I'm guessing I'll get offered pennies for what was a fantastic car :-(

ps. Isn't the Multitronic to be avoided?

Al.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A4 Avant written off - gutted! Thinking of an A6 Avant. Views? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Previously had a 2.5 quattro avant with the auto box-wouldnt go there again ever!!, now have the 1.9 with 6 speed manual and love it

0 0 0

4. Audi A4 Avant written off - gutted! Thinking of an A6 Avant. Views? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Shame fella.
    I have one friend who had a multitronic in his lady's 2003 A4, she drove like a grandma and they still had trouble with the box, got nothing for it at sale but loved the Audi overall experience. They now have an 57 A4 avant manual, never missed a beat and he just bought an 06 A4 cabrio manual and that is also flawless.

After their nightmare I went for manual in my A4 (B8) avant, just didn't want the worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A4 Avant written off - gutted! Thinking of an A6 Avant. Views? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I had a C5 A6 1.9TDI avant manual box and loved it. That got written off some knobber in a Merc barreling into the back of it at high speed. That B5/C5 chassis is tough, I'm in a Passat B5.5 estate now, same mechanicals and running gear but cheaper to buy and believe it or not has a bigger load area.

Audi 1, Merc 0 although the Audi was a write off.

I wouldn't touch the multitronic with a shittyy stick, hatefully unreliable and expensive to fix.

0 1 0

6. Re: Audi A4 Avant written off - gutted! Thinking of an A6 Avant. Views? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Man he really pummelled you! Good to see how well the Audi stood up to it though.

My very old A6 had a traditional auto box, that was never a problem other than being terribly inefficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0