1. Re: Day 6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    brave man that is a serious amount of rot at the back end, good luck looking forward to watching your progress
    0 0 0

2. Day 7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Who ever previously repaired the car couldnt be bothered sorting where the cables for the pedels go into the cabin.

This is what they couldnt be bothered repairing behind that hideous plate.

view of where the dashboard and blower were.

It was a nightmare but all the wires are out of the engine bay.

Looks no wires.

i am so proud of my self.

Even the fuse box is out the way with its wiress, but cant track down that one wire that goes up the left of that picture.

This is the end result.

All the car wires, even from the boot end all in one pile.

I have just got to show you more. it wasnt particularly hard either just have to be methodical.

Thats all of them apart from that one i cant find or bother to find damn you.

the Boot is off and the wires intact, both wires feed down the roof struts to the back which plug in next to the boot light and the other plugs next to the rear washer bottle.

I am glad the boot lid is off in one piece without having to cut wires, another proud moment.

current view inside.

The car is also a storage space for a some parts i have taken off.

The boot view.

All i have left to do now is get the front windscreen out which i have got a quote of £65 ish from a company but cant garentee they will get it out without breaking the glass or the seals because they are old.

&

The sunroof, but i do not have a handle for it so i can open it up to take a look. desperate for a sunroof handle. all that is there is a gear sticking out of the roof, couldnt use mold grips to open it because theres like a latch stopping you turning it full 360 when you hold onto it.

Parts i NEED!!!!
    Sunroof Handle
    Windscreen Seals

HELP ANYONE!!!
    0 0 0

3. Re: Day 6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys, a long awaited update!!!

Attempt at removing the Windscreen, saw a post somewhere they lined the top of windscreen seal inside with flat screw drivers so obviously i wanted to try it. So BEFORE

Oh dear, i was too heavy handed with the first screwdriver and it was in the top drivers side corner which was a bad mistake.
    The RESULT

Ended up smashing the Window wit a hammer so we could remove it buy pushing it out with feet and kept the rubber intact.

The empty front.

Drivers side bottom corner.

Passenger side bottom corner.

Windscreen out the way we get on with fabricating the car rotisserie. Using Huge 75mm x 75mm box section.

And the sparks Fly!!!

All we could manage on the frame and i got to test me Mig welding skills.

0 1 0

4. Day 9 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys, its another day on the project, unfortunatley there is nothing much to do on the car yet until i can get it on the Rotisserie, The sunroof is still to come off and i am in the middle of purchasing a Chrome Golde Sunroof Handle if the price is right.

Back on with welding the Rotisserie, just the feet & chassis leg forks to weld. We used 2 coach stands (big yellow stands that the car was on earlier in the project) and a white plastic sheet so people visiting / working in and around the garage did not get Arc Eye (i believe its called) / protecting peoples eyes from the bright welding light if anyone wanted to know what that was there. We had to make due with the small Mig welder with 0.8 wire i believe. there was another Mig welder that was 3 times the size but it had 0.6 wire. Anyway following are the pictures. They say "picture paints a thousand words" hopefully these will just save me explaining everything we did.

Oh and by the way i was doing the majority of the welding as i picked of the knack of it really quicking, impressed even if i say so myself.

The front chassis leg forks welded.

And the sparks fly!!!

It burns!!!

Testing the front chassis leg forks.

Fits like a glove.

What it will rougly look like.

All we needed to do was thread through M12 bolts for the feet so the Rotisserie could be flat packed. we tried drilling like a 7+mm hole through 4mm ish steel box section and that didnt work so we tried 5mm HSS-R drill bit but it was blunt. so bought a new 4.5mm HSS-R Bosch bit from Screwfix not B&Q because they are really expensive because i checked (Screwfix are owned by B&Q aswell so its abit odd for Screwfix to be cheaper) for £1.69 that did a few holes until we put to much pressure on it and it snapped and half of it dug into my leg. Dont worry it was only a puncture on the leg. so tried the blunt 5mm HSS-R bit and we snapped that bloody thing too. Argghh!!!

Mad Dash to Screwfix bought a 5mm HSS-R for £1.69 aswell and finished the holes then widenened them with the 7+mm drill bit.

Just need to widen it again with a bit for the M12 Bolts and we are done.

And all this FAF without a pillar drill.

And the end of the day.

0 0 0

5. Re: Day 9 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well done so far but couldnt help notice you havent marked up where all the wiring loom has come from hope you have a good memory and deep pockets mate good luck
    0 0 0

6. Re: Project: Singh's Rocco 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i noticed that, dont worry the wiring was a big worry for me so i recorded video of everything i removed and where from. its just going to take some time to trawl through the footage. next time label them with numbers and create a sheet with where it came from.
    0 0 0

7. Re: Project: Singh's Rocco 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    just play the video back in reverse, simples. looks like a fun project, hope it turns out nice.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...
    0 1 0

8. Day 10 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Finish off widening the holes, went out and bought a 7mm HSS-R Bosch bit and then used an old 10mm ish HSS-R bit to get the M12 bolts through, 7mm was on Air drill, 10mm ish was on a stupid rusty electric drill. the bit drill bit kept gripping the metal as i was trying to widen the holes and ripping its self out of my hands. Luckily no injuries even though it happens like 3 times. Note to self is to use a pillar drill or be very straight & firm.

Finshed so now get the forklift in.

Look, it thinks its a dead duck.

Now it looks like a train trailler

wasnt as secure as first anticipated due to crap welding on not so flush straight metal. also used a lorry strap to bring the stands in as the weight was bending the frames inwards.

Scratch its belly next!!!

It was pretty even for a shell to rotate so needed a hand.

Get the forklift back in because the stand really did need some more welding and modification.

Once the cars Rotisserie was welded and modified we took it for a jet wash in our local Albanian car was that was just in our car park, so borrowed the pressure washers and blasted away the grease and much in the Engine Bay, Arches & underside.

That was our Saturday, we had a Lazy Sunday & Bank Holiday Monday at home when we should of really been working on the car. Any way that was our day what do you all think.
    1 0 0

9. Day 10 Part 2 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

10. Day 11 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Now this day was the worst so far. i couldnt be bothered at 1 point but i got on with it. WARNING this post contains DISTRESSING images.

What way was up? we was infact taking the only thing left to take off the car which was the sunroof because there was no handle when i got it, so got a second hand handle from ebay, took ages to find a Chrome Golde sunroof handle for tilt sunroof cost me £11.

Drivers side near rear wheel arch.

Drivers side wheel arch.

Passenger side axle mount rusted to pieces.

Drivers side axle mount rusted to pieces also.

sills rusted outside aswell as inside.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast