Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Remap & rolling road run, is it worth it?????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Remap & rolling road run, is it worth it????? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's now time for me to get my car remapped and finally give her the power she needs!!! I've rung around and have a few options but need some help.

The 2 options I have are......

£300 AMD Technic remap with full diagnostic run and before and after rolling road runs.

£180 mobile remap

What I would like to know is......

Other than knowing how much extra power I have got, what other advantages will paying an extra £120 for the AMD map get me?? And is it really worth the extra??

I'm not made if money so if I can save £120 on the map that can go towards another mod
    1.8Turbo. Stage 1 Tuned 215bhp
    l Powerflow Cat Back Exhaust l Carbonio Cold Air Intake l Forge 007P Diverter l Stage 1 Remap l Stage 2 Carbon Kevlar Clutch l 40mm Apex Lowering Springs l HZ Altezza Front skirt l HZ Altezza side skirts l HZ Altezza spoiler l Votex Rear Bumper l 19" RS6 Alloys l 312mm Brake Upgrade l 2007 S-Line Interior l

0 0 0

2. Re: Remap & rolling road run, is it worth it????? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    remapping a car without having a RR run after is (IMHO) stupid. If I pay for something, I want to see proof that it's been done and to an acceptable level.

0 0 0

3. Re: Remap & rolling road run, is it worth it????? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's exactly what i was thinking.

Do you think an AMD Remap will be a better map than a Mobile jobbie?
    l Powerflow Cat Back Exhaust l Carbonio Cold Air Intake l Forge 007P Diverter l Stage 1 Remap l Stage 2 Carbon Kevlar Clutch l 40mm Apex Lowering Springs l HZ Altezza Front skirt l HZ Altezza side skirts l HZ Altezza spoiler l Votex Rear Bumper l 19" RS6 Alloys l 312mm Brake Upgrade l 2007 S-Line Interior l

0 0 0

4. Re: Remap & rolling road run, is it worth it????? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    will a mobile map have a rolling road in his pocket too?

0 0 0

5. Re: Remap & rolling road run, is it worth it????? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshrules View Post
    will a mobile map have a rolling road in his pocket too?
    lol.

I just meant the actual Map, Can a Man & His Van have a decent enough set up to provide a map like a company of AMD's quality? will it be a harsh map rather than a nice even power delivery?
    I am clueless when it comes to the tech side of things lol

0 0 0

6. Re: Remap & rolling road run, is it worth it????? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I personally would go with AMD.2 of my friends had their cars mapped by them and are very happy with their choice.Choosing them over the mobile service also means you have somewhere to go back to in case something goes wrong(not that it should).I had mine mapped by cc tunning who is a sponsor here,and was pleased with the results.Just make sure the car is in good enough condition for you to enjoy the extra power.

0 0 0

7. Re: Remap & rolling road run, is it worth it????? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sam.bird3 View Post
    lol.

I just meant the actual Map, Can a Man & His Van have a decent enough set up to provide a map like a company of AMD's quality? will it be a harsh map rather than a nice even power delivery?
    I am clueless when it comes to the tech side of things lol
    No idea in all honesty - I'd never have a generic map applied to a car anyway, I'd always want it to be edited to suit my car and I don't see how a man in a van with a laptop can do that.

If you're hellbent on remapping, you might want to ditch the stupidly large wheels idea too.

0 0 0

8. Re: Remap & rolling road run, is it worth it????? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshrules View Post
    If you're hellbent on remapping, you might want to ditch the stupidly large wheels idea too.
    Why's that? Already got some 19" RS6 Alloys just refurbing them at the Moment.

0 0 0

9. Re: Remap & rolling road run, is it worth it????? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well............

I stopped being a Tight **** and i've booked her in for the full Remap with Before & After Rolling Road runs from AMD in Thurrock, Essex. £300 for the full works so i now can't wait till Friday afternoon so i can have a blast down the A13 to see the difference!!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well?
    1998 Audi A4 2.8 V6 quattro

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast