Hi all

My missus today pulled loose the drivers door exterior door lock cable. I fixed this by removing the lock cylinder and replacing the cable (done this a few times before). Exterior door handle then worked OK. Drove to the local woods to build a den with my three boys and locked the car,. On returning to the car I found that the remote central locking would only unlock 3 of the doors. The drivers door lock appeared to be unlocked (catch button came up) but neither the internal or external door handles would open the door. It appears that the dead locks on the drivers door remain engaged. Being rather a large man (with doggy knees from playing rugby) this made getting into the drivers seat very difficult and painful.

I have tried locking/unlocking the door using key, remote control and internal button but all have the same result. Drivers door lock will not release.

Could this be the CCM getting confused, or could I have not replaced the door lock cylinder incorrectly this time. Removing it now is somewhat impossible as I can’t get the door open to get at the allen screw.

Any suggestions or next actions to try would be appreciated.

The car is a Passat 1997 TDI sport estate