Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

It is my 1st post and I quite like this place. Ok, here is the story. I have a Passat year 02. It only has BETA headunit which means no CD Player or CD Changer. But on the pannel, I can see an "CD" button, and I believe this headunit can be connected with VW CD Changer.

So, I jumped to eBay and found couple of "Genuine" VW CD Changer. If I am lucky, I may get one under £40.00.

However, I had no idea on what to do next after I have the CD Changer in my hand. It looks like I need CD Changer Cable as well, because I did not find any wired cable in my passat boot. So, here are my questions, I hope anyone can give me a hand, AS DETAILED AS YOU CAN please !!!

1. How hard if I need to lead the cable from the Front Pannel to the Boot? Any suggestion on this? Did anyone do it before?

2. Do I need anything else exclude CD Changer + Cable?

3. I am not good at DIY at all.... Can anyone provide any kind of Manual Guide or Installation Guide ( Better with Photos ).

4. Or how much do you think it may costs if I ask VW dealer ( Arnold Clark ) to do this job for me? My car need to do MOT on next week.

All in all, I wish you "KINDEST" guys can give me a hand. Thanks mate !!

0 0 0

2. Re: Anyone give me some help on CD Changer 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Take the head unit out and check if there's a cable in the back on the Beta unit - a standard radio has 2 ISO connectors, you're looking for a third. Some Passats had the cable pre installed - check around the First Aid box storage compartment. I fitted a Panasonic CD changer to my 98 Passat and it was easy. Just pull up the panels where the sill meets the carpet and tuck it in. VW will charge you a fortune so if you're not confident get a local garage to do it for a lot less. I'd suggest you connect the changer up first to see if it works before installing it. Make sure you get the right cable as well as they're not all the same.
    It may be easier to look out for the in dash VW 6 cd changer and sacrifice the storage bin in the dashboard or get an aftermarket unit from Sony for about £57 on Ebay - they have blue illumination as well.

0 0 0

3. Re: Anyone give me some help on CD Changer 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Mate. It is really helpful !!

0 0 0

4. Re: Anyone give me some help on CD Changer 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I just found this front to rear wiring loom for a Passat CD changer on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-vw-cd-auto...QQcmdZViewItem

It says it fits Passats from 1998 to 2003, part number 1c0051592 and has a "Buy it Now" price of £19.99, although there is a "Make Offer" button too.

0 0 0

5. Re: Anyone give me some help on CD Changer 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mm I'm

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

0 0 0