1. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure the kit came from you. I saw your card somewhere an eBay one?

0 0 0

2. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,
    Looking for some help with a front strut replacement on a C6 allroad. Compressor has been serviced using Andy’s fine refurb kit! Rear airbags replaced a couple of years ago. Front left replaced 6 months ago. Finally got around to replacing the front right strut (had a slow leak but was still functional). After fitting new strut from eBay the car sat about 2cm lower at that corner at all levels. Took it for a test drive and it understeered badly when front right put under load, causing ABS to kick in. Removed the eBay strut and put the original back on and everything fine again. When we had the 2 next to each other on the bench there was no obvious difference in geometry. So I returned to the eBay seller who sent out a replacement...which has exactly the same problem. So my question is - is there a procedure to recalibrate the suspension after fitting a new strut that I’m missing? (Didn’t do anything specific for the other 3 corners and didn’t have any problems). Or is this a dodgy batch of struts? Anyone had similar problems?
    Thanks in advance for any advice!

0 0 0

3. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If you see on the allroad suspension thread i was advised to swap air springs and not struts as cheap Chinese struts may well be an issue, perhaps as you are finding?

Are you able to reuse previous audi strut? Was your issue leaking air springs or the actual strut?

0 0 0

4. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frazered View Post
    If you see on the allroad suspension thread i was advised to swap air springs and not struts as cheap Chinese struts may well be an issue, perhaps as you are finding?

Are you able to reuse previous audi strut? Was your issue leaking air springs or the actual strut?
    Thanks for the reply.

I was replacing preemptively as the car is 12 yrs old and all other 3 airbags have failed over the last 2- 3 years so i figured this one will be on its way out soon too. I can only find complete struts available for the C6, unlike for the C5 where the airbag is available separately. I will certainly look into whether I could use the new airbag on the old strut. Anyone have any advice on striping down a C6 strut to fit a new airspring?

thanks

0 0 0

5. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    We have nearly finished the FULL rear end rebuild on our 2005 4B Allroad with everything blasted and powder coated and using the full range of new Powerflex bushes, we are doing it to help promote the kit.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks to everyone on this thread for their invaluable information. Having recently bought an Allroad, it's great that I can read up and find similar faults and ways to fix them, and I plan on doing as much as I can to keep this lovely car running smoothly.
    My car started to have suspension problems (not reaching the desired level, getting the orange warning symbol on the dash, and having to turn engine off then on again to get the compressor to run again) and it was steadily getting worse (taking up to 5 engine switch offs to get the car to the right level!).
    I started to do the overnight checks for air leaks (put at certain height, put into 'jack mode', check next morning) but didn't see any drops in height in any corner.
    When I first got under the car I noticed one of the pipes ( I think it's the air supply pipe) was disconnected as the jubilee clip had rusted away. So I reconnected with a new jubilee clip and tried to raise the level of the car, but it still took a few goes to get to the right level. I did notice that by replacing the pipe, the car didn't hiss as loudly when dropping a level, which it has been doing previously.
    I then found a compressor piston ring repair kit and replaced it, and since then the car has been miles better, getting to the right level, only a few orange warning lights (this happened when car was stationary, so I'm assuming it got too warm).
    My only issue now is that the compressor seems to be vibrating a lot more, and I had noticed that there was only 1 spring on the 3 mounting points, I'm assuming the previous owner didn't replace the springs when he had the compressor 'reconditioned'. When the compressor is running, it seems to vibrate a lot until I put my hand on it, which I assume means it needs something more to dampen the vibration.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can purchase a few more springs, and hopefully reduce the vibration and noise.
    Thanks for the help so far!
    Cheers
    Sam

0 0 0

7. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all magnificent info. Where would be the best place to buy a left front air bag for a 2006 Audi Allroad Quattro 2.7tdi
    Thanks

0 0 0

8. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    2006my is the only year there was no Allroad, 4B >2005 and 4F 2007>. Aftermarket air bags such as Arnot are OK but they don't last as long as genuine but at £890.30 each genuine ones are daft, if you Google the part number, 4F7 616 051 D, there are a lot to choose from for as little as £38 from Amazon.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    2006my is the only year there was no Allroad, 4B >2005 and 4F 2007>. Aftermarket air bags such as Arnot are OK but they don't last as long as genuine but at £890.30 each genuine ones are daft, if you Google the part number, 4F7 616 051 D, there are a lot to choose from for as little as £38 from Amazon.
    Sorry to resurrect a 2 year old thread, but interested to know which rear air springs are worth purchasing instead of genuine Audi one's (been quoted something like £320 + vat each side) ?

They seem to range from around £165 for a pair on-line, but I'm concerned that the cheap Chinese copies might only last 5 minutes.

Does anyone have experience of non-Audi air springs?
    Audi A6 Allroad 245 in Dakota Grey (2013)
    Audi SQ5 (C+S) in Ultra Blue (2022)
    Yamaha DT400E in Competition Yellow (1977)

0 0 0

10. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Arnot are good, about all we have used. genuine they have been obsolete from Audi UK dealers for nearly 3 years.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast