Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes andy,
    i did have a leaky front/left arnott air spring and the compressor was certainly working over time. got to a point where it was riding on bump stops and i was getting an EPC(i believe) warning on the dash along with the typical indictor(up arrow). anyways when i have car jacked up/wheel removed, the compressor sends air to the leaky bag and fills it up, but doesn't respond when it's off jacks/wheels on ground. the rear bags get filled with air as normal, but both fronts aren't getting anything when on ground.
    arnott guys told me to try to calibrate ride heighth using Vagcom, but it didn't respond to the commands in any way. i've disconnected battery and also cleared codes at least 3 times and am having no success.
    the abs fault i noticed after starting to work on removal of the faulty arnott bag. so i'm thinking it has something to do with when i was repositioning the jack to get that darn bottom bolt out that holds the bottom of the shock in place. btw, arnott sent a new air shock to replace it under warranty.. great customer service!
    i'd like to order your kit asap! any idea what my total bill would be to Texas? i really appreciate your knowledge andy!

0 0 0

2. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Hi, when you log on to ebay it should show the costs to your area, but for reference the kit is £25GBP + £4GBP postage to USA.

However I cannot be sure it will fix all your problems immediately, I have some questions you need to answer to help us understand more:

with the codes cleared what codes come back?

switching the ignition on what does the suspension error light do? Flash on solid or other

how does the car sit? is it level, or back ok front on bump stops, or other?

are both front airbags replaced? if they leak you will find they don't lift when on bump stops but them may seem to inflate on the jack.

I think you have a link of problems, you have had a leak at the front so compressor is weak, is the leak repaired? you may have tried to calibrate it it haven't completed and so locked the system with the error code, we need to methodically get it back together, don't just throw parts at it, if you have VCDS I also suggest taking screen grabs of all the measuring blocks to see what each wheel level sensor is reading, we need to step by step to get a better idea, 1st step is tell us the fault codes, by this I mean clear all codes and read them immediately do any come back?

let us know the answers to above and a screen shot of the level sensors

best regards

Andy
    ------------------------------------------
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0
    2000 Audi Allroad 2.5TDI V6 quattro
    Fully licenced Ross-Tech VCDS Interface
    Air Suspension Compressor Repair Kits: www.bagpipingandy.com

0 0 0

3. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=bagpipingandy;850567]Hi, when you log on to ebay it should show the costs to your area, but for reference the kit is £25GBP + £4GBP postage to USA.

However I cannot be sure it will fix all your problems immediately, I have some questions you need to answer to help us understand more:

with the codes cleared what codes come back?

OCTOBER 3 SCAN:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 34: Level Control Labels: 4Z7-907-553.lbl
    Part No: 4Z7 907 553 B
    Component: - 2C1A1 X031
    Coding: 25500
    Shop #: WSC 09999
    VCID: 449980CC54587F38443

5 Faults Found:
    01400 - Suspension Level Control
    11-10 - Control Limit Not Reached - Intermittent
    01772 - Signal from Level Control Pressure Sensor (G291)
    27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
    01577 - Turn-Off due to Over-Temp
    35-10 - - - Intermittent
    08-10 - Control Limit Surpassed - Intermittent
    01780 - Sensor for Vehicle Leveling
    04-10 - Mechanical Malfunction - Intermittent

Address 55: Xenon Range Labels: 4Z7-907-357.lbl
    Part No: 4Z7 907 357
    Component: dynamische LWR D05
    Coding: 00030
    Shop #: WSC 02325
    VCID: 041940CC14D8BF38043
    1 Fault Found:
    00776 - Level Control System Sensor; Left Front (G78)
    28-00 - Short to Plus

0 0 0

4. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OCTOBER 10 SCAN:----------------------------------------

Address 34: Level Control Labels: 4Z7-907-553.lbl
    Part No: 4Z7 907 553 B
    Component: - 2C1A1 X031
    Coding: 25500
    Shop #: WSC 09999
    VCID: 449980CC54587F38443
    4 Faults Found:
    01316 - ABS Control Module
    79-10 - Please Check Fault Codes - Intermittent
    01437 - Control Position not Learned
    35-00 - -
    53-10 - Supply Voltage Too Low - Intermittent

Address 55: Xenon Range Labels: 4Z7-907-357.lbl
    Part No: 4Z7 907 357
    Component: dynamische LWR D05
    Coding: 00030
    Shop #: WSC 02325
    VCID: 041940CC14D8BF38043
    2 Faults Found:
    00776 - Level Control System Sensor; Left Front (G78)
    28-00 - Short to Plus
    00532 - Supply Voltage B+
    07-00 - Signal too Low

0 0 0

5. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    switching the ignition on what does the suspension error light do? Flash on solid or other

as of the other day when scanning(oct 10th), the light was solid

before i took off the the f/L air spring, front was on bump stops & back was up at normal level with bags inflated fine.

are both front airbags replaced? if they leak you will find they don't lift when on bump stops but them may seem to inflate on the jack.

just recieved replacement f/L air spring from arnott and hope to have it installed tomorrow. f/R was replaced under warranty in august

I think you have a link of problems, you have had a leak at the front so compressor is weak, is the leak repaired? you may have tried to calibrate it it haven't completed and so locked the system with the error code, we need to methodically get it back together, don't just throw parts at it, if you have VCDS I also suggest taking screen grabs of all the measuring blocks to see what each wheel level sensor is reading, we need to step by step to get a better idea, 1st step is tell us the fault codes, by this I mean clear all codes and read them immediately do any come back?

arnott guys told me to try to calibrate ride heighth using Vagcom, but it didn't respond to the commands in any way. i've disconnected battery and also cleared codes at least 3 times and am having no success.

0 0 0

6. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Ok, so these 4 codes come back:

01316 - ABS Control Module
    9-10 - Please Check Fault Codes - Intermittent
    01437 - Control Position not Learned
    35-00 - -
    53-10 - Supply Voltage Too Low - Intermittent

was the engine running when these codes were read? why the low supply voltage?
    what is the ABS fault code?

the 01437 - Control Position not Learned will cause issues when you calibrate it there must be a certain sequence of events:
    some basics:
    the car must be able to get to level 2, if it cannot achieve this, game over it cannot complete and throws this error, things preventing it getting to level 2 typically could be a weak compressor or level sensor issue or system issue, we can see many codes ABS or low voltage so it my not just be a weak compressor issue here. try clearing and reading the codes with the engine running to eliminate a flat battery,

have you cleared and read the codes from the Xenon range as it states the front left level sensor is open or short to ground?? this would cause all sorts of issues, clear these codes and re-read, if this stays open or short to ground I have no idea why the level control module does not show this code but it is your starting point if this code does not clear.

so the idea is to eliminate and fix as many codes as possible, you should then be left with the 01437 - Control Position not Learned which will mean re-calibrating but not before you fix the level sensor, once it can lift to level 2 then try the calibration process, I think you purchased the compressor kit today so its on its way to you but it will only renew the compression you need to look further at the other codes, a look through the measuring blocks may shed some light on what the level sensors are reading if the front left is open or short to ground it will have no reaing and that needs fixed, clear all codes in module 34 and 55 and re-read

best regards

Andy
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0

0 0 0

7. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ertatta View Post

as of the other day when scanning(oct 10th), the light was solid

before i took off the the f/L air spring, front was on bump stops & back was up at normal level with bags inflated fine.

just recieved replacement f/L air spring from arnott and hope to have it installed tomorrow. f/R was replaced under warranty in august

OK, the error on solid needs fixed, this is a permanent problem which will stop the system operating. I would start with module 34 and check that level sensor code if is stays open short to ground insect the front left level sensor,

regards

Andy
    Last edited by bagpipingandy; 02-11-2013 at 11:39 AM.
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0

0 0 0

8. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I am having an unusual problem regarding my air suspension on my 02 audi allroad c5 2.7t.
    I have replaced the rings on the compressor and fixed the left hand front level sensor.

The suspension is in good nick apart from when it is raised to the top setting the car is lop sided.
    I have calibrated it several times using VCDS but it still does it.
    I have also scanned the control module and nothing comes up.

could it still be the pressure sensor module even though its not giving an error?

cheers

Aaron

0 0 0

9. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Hi Aaron

what corner is sitting lowest, I suspect it is the Front Left is it?

If it is the front left is it always at the wrong level, through level 1, 2, 3 & 4?

has it always done this or only since changing the level sensor?

does the calibration process actually complete OK?

Any error light on?

any codes at all with VCDS?

go to module 34 > measuring blocks and go through the groups to look at the level sensors signals to see what the values are for anything unusual,

My 1st guess: (I like a guess!!) would be if no errors, and the car sits level at level 2, if you have fitted the level sensor backwards it will read upside down and give you this kind of scenario, check the level sensor is fitted with the arm pointing the correct way, check measuring blocks to see if lifting the car makes the level sensor value move the correct way same as the other corners. value should go in a +ve direction when the car wheel arch is lifted

regards

Andy
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0

0 0 0

10. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Oh for a crystal ball Andy, eh?

If you'd negotiated £1 a view for this thread before you started it, you'd be sitting on a beach in the Bahamas sipping Dairaquis at the moment

0 0 0

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast