1. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i don't need chance, they will work as new after renew for 10 years if the remaining of pneumatic system is intact motor becomes bad only in 10 % compressors, it doesn't do nothing just drives the piston in the same speed always. i change motors too if it is needed.
    yes i know toureg kit now u can understand i am searching possibility to buy cheaper, because after installing toureg kit i get nothing.

0 0 0

2. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    As far as I am aware of there are no other repair type kits available

regards

Andy
    ------------------------------------------
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0
    2000 Audi Allroad 2.5TDI V6 quattro
    Fully licenced Ross-Tech VCDS Interface
    Air Suspension Compressor Repair Kits: www.bagpipingandy.com

0 0 0

3. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys , i'm new on this forum . I have the next problem :
    i have changed the all 4 air bags (2 weeks ago) . The car is not sagging (i park it for 3 days and it did not lower any inch) , but when i'm driving it , the compresor starts at every 3 .. 6 minutes for about 10 ..15 seconds. When i drive on bad roads , the compresor starts more frequently then when i drive on highway . In the city , when i accelerate and use brake on stops the compresor also starts frequently. I don't think the compresor has a problem because it lifts the car from 1 to 4 in less than 2 minutes . I think it's a dynamic problem of the suspension , a leaking when the air bags are compressed , and where could it be ?
    Can you help me please !

0 0 0

4. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks like one of your airbag is leaking, after a night on 1st position the car is standing normal?

0 0 0

5. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Hi sorin_allroad, welcome to the forum,

Were the airbags fitted brand new? if not, as pneumatic says and park at level 1 to see if it sinks?

if they are new did you fit new top and bottom o-ring seals? or next a fault code read would check the level sensors

regards

Andy
    Last edited by bagpipingandy; 15-11-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0

0 0 0

6. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I checked and it seems that sensors are properly attached (I don't know about the rusty) . But I did something else: I disconnected one at a time all 4 sensors and the car had the same symptoms. Now i'm going with two disconnected (after I balanced the car with all sensors coupled) and the level buttons on the board are switch off, but the car do not lose air !!!!! I drived 100 miles in the city and around and the car doesn't sink at all, and the compressor don't start. The old owner of the car says that if the compressor has no power to put 17psi and puts less (eg. 13psi) then that's why it starts so often to all requests for increased pressure on pillows. However, whith the sensors coupled i hear a strong breathed (pfuu), meaning that a big amount of air is eliminated suddenly.Where is the way out of the air ?Which path should i follow: the compressor and valve block or level sensors?

Thanx guys for helping me !!!!

0 0 0

7. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    OK a lot of info but not sure if its what we asked for

if you disconnect the sensors and drive the car (I assume the suspension error light is on) the whole operation of the system may be dissabled, but from your description I think you are trying to tell us it does not sink, which would be good, IS THIS CORRECT?

the reason we were asking to park at level 1 is it is a good clear way to tell if the airbags are leaking, they leak at level 1 but do not leak when parked higher at level 2, 3, or 4, we do not know yet if you fitted new airbags or second hand units hence trying to decifer if it sinks or not, as this would be a good reason for the compressor over working.

the quotes of 17psi is way off and near impossible as it would not work at all, you need at least 100psi for anything to happen with a new compressor working at 200+psi, perhaps he means 170 & 130psi ??

the increased pressure on the pillows i dont think would have any effect but the suspension moving could be causing air to escape, but there is really too much to guess what could be wrong we need clear info:

So start with basics:

Is the suspension error light on?
    Does the car sink when parked at level 1?
    Does the system operate correctly, lift from level 1 to 4 with no error light coming on?
    Is the only issue you think the compressor runs more that it should or other symptoms as well?
    can you get the suspension system scanned for faults using VCDS?, it will tell us the errors stored and maybe assist us in the correct direction

let us know your answers to the list above and it may help diagnose the problem

regards

Andy
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0

0 0 0

8. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes , the car does not sink and the compressor does not start. After 100 miles of running !!(with the sensors disconnected) . If the sensors were connected it probably started for over 20 times.
    The suspension error light is on only when I disconnect a sensor .
    I will park the car at level 1 and see what will happen after night.
    The car lifts from level 1 to 4 whith no error lights.
    The compressor runs more that it should , and I hear a PFUU , an evacuation of the air when it stops.

About the VCDS , i will interest and see where can i do one .
    What is the normal pressure in the tank (the accumulator of the air) and how can i verify it?
    Is there in the air sistem a pressure relief valve that could not work properly , and cause air to be evacuated at a lower pressure that it should ?
    Thank you for helping me!

0 0 0

9. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Ok, try to get the fault codes, to be honest it sounds as if it may be working ok, the compressor will turn on and off during all journeys, it is designed to start after you hit 15MPH and will turn off after a short while, it is hard to advise what is a "normal" amount of compressor ON and OFFs.

the only thing is the air you hear escaping, If this is when you park the car, & wait a second or 2 after locking and then you hear air escaping this can be normal and is the car leveling itself when parked. An Example if you have a heavy load in the boot, park the car and remove the heavy load, lock the car, the suspension will vent air out to lower the rear back down to level again, (this you will hear a sharp PSSSSSS and then stop (you can also see the car lowering itself) if you think the car is over compensating it is hard to say what could be the issue but to be honest if it goes up and down and no error lights its a good one!! there are many others would pay for one like that!!

get fault codes with vcds, you will need to read them, then clear them, and then read what codes come back after a short while of using it, as you will have loads of codes after unplugging all the level sensors!!

Perhaps if it isnt broken dont try to fix it

regards

Andy
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0

0 0 0

10. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    went out to my allroad on a frosty morning to find the front wings sitting on the wheels... no worries, there was enough pressure in the tank to sort it out but it made me wonder why Audi didn't fit a solid rubber post inside the air struts to ensure they don't drop this far...
    just a thought

0 0 0

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast