Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi again guys!

Pneumatic I get what you're saying! After fixing the leaking air spring I consider getting Andy's repair kit! On your offer, if you check the links you'll see my other options! The one will cost me 220£ with shipping and I hope to order that part.
    Andy I'd really appreciate a suggestion between the two choices!

Regards
    Chris

0 0 0

2. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if your compressor cylinder will have scratches you will throw away money changing only the ring it will be good only if u want to sell car quickly .

0 0 0

3. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chololo View Post
    Hi again guys!

Pneumatic I get what you're saying! After fixing the leaking air spring I consider getting Andy's repair kit! On your offer, if you check the links you'll see my other options! The one will cost me 220£ with shipping and I hope to order that part.
    Andy I'd really appreciate a suggestion between the two choices!

Regards
    Chris
    Hi chris, I'm currently away on limited internet availability, but yes I would buy any of the arnot units which suits your budget, if both are arnott choose the arnott seller offering the best support, quickest shipping and least import duty,
    Regards

Andy
    ------------------------------------------
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0
    2000 Audi Allroad 2.5TDI V6 quattro
    Fully licenced Ross-Tech VCDS Interface
    Air Suspension Compressor Repair Kits: www.bagpipingandy.com

0 0 0

4. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks a lot! Order confirmed! I'll get back to you when done

0 0 0

5. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone!
    Back to report.. I had my allroad fitted with the new Arnott air spring on co-pilot's side last Friday with pleasing results.
    Everything in working order, no noticeable leakage or sinking of the suspension until now on all levels!
    The pump is doing it's job in good time except on rare occasions and is almost "unheard of"!
    Thanks for the support Andy and Pneumatic, we made a right diagnosis I think and I managed to save 3-400 euros in repair costs!
    Andy, I'm thinking of ordering your repair-kit as soon as the weather gets a bit warmer here!

Thanks again
    Chris

0 0 0

6. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Hi Chris, good job well done, that's what the forum is for best regards, Andy
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0

1 0 0

7. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I fitted the repair-kit for compressor and it worked a treat, the car went up really fast. But now as the weather has warmed up the compressor has gotten nooisier again and it takes ages to pump up between levels. It has happened on occasion that the compressor has run silently and worked ok but mainly not just now. The car keeps the levels while parked, compressor does not run excessively as far as I have heard and everything else seems to work OK(like adjusting height after speed, lowering and selfleveling with trailer) . I notice that sometimes after hard braking the front adjust level somewhat after getting stationary, but these adjustments are rapid (I guess it uses the pressure accumulator for this) . No lights.
    Just very slow pumping, and this came quite rapidly after the winter. As said, it worked a treat the whole winter. I could not feel any great degree of scratcing in the cylinder when i changed the ring either.....
    Maybe I need a new compressor after all.....

Sakke

0 0 0

8. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as i said you need not only to change ring but to check and repair much things and you need special knowledge to repair compressors. i fixed few hundred compressors and with pneumatic system intact not even one became bad, and if you drive with leaking system all compressors, doesn't matter its new or repaired it will become bad fast. if you need i can sell repaired compressor, condition like new.

0 0 0

9. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Hi Sakke,

have a quick look at the compressor to make sure everything still looks fitted ok, check bolts/airline connections are still tight, if anything loosens it could cause a change like this, also check the air intake is fitted properly if it were to draw dirt in it will destroy anything in there, it is not very common though with over 1000 of my kits sold,

check the bolts, intake and airline connections 1st before deciding what to do.

best regards

Andy
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0

0 0 0

10. Re: Allroad Air Suspension Compressor strip & repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just fitted one of these repair kits to my 2003 Allroad. So far so good.

Before the repair my car was stuck sub level 1, compressor timing out or over heating, error light on dashboard etc. but no air leaks showing up with a soapy water test. Following the repair the compressor takes it up to level 4 within a couple of minutes and is noticeably quieter.

It took me about 3.5 hours all in. I am sure it can be done faster but I haven't worked under a car for about 20 years. Also, as usual, what can slow you down is rusted up threads, I sheared off one of the studs holding the protector plate and I would not have been able to get the torx bolts undone without a T30 fitting for my rachet wrench, my multi-tip screwdriver wasn't up to it.

The instructions are clear and easy to follow with good photos, although it took me a while before I realised two of the three electrical connectors are in-line cable junctions not on the compressor itself. My compressor cyclinder had no visible scratches so I just made sure it was clean before re-assembly.

0 0 0

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast