1. Probably a new windscreen! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've had my A7 for about 2 months now and it's time for a new windscreen!

I've got a stone chip which has got cracks spreading out some 5cm or so.

Now on a previous A6 which had the windscreen replaced , the rain sensor never worked as good as it should have.

Am I likely to have the same problem this time?

Have you had a good experience of a windscreen change?

1 0 0

2. Re: Probably a new windscreen! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you have HUD remember that it needs a special windscreen.

0 0 0

3. Re: Probably a new windscreen! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Don't let anyone except Audi do this job.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Probably a new windscreen! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I have a 15mm crack 4 inches right of my line of sight, but will wait for the MOT before I do anything. Please let us know how you get on. I have HUD so will make sure its compatible.
    Audi A7 3.0TDi 2011 160k miles, engine code CLAB 204bhp 2WD

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just had it replaced by National Windscreens. All looks fine so far!

Cheers
    Kenny

0 0 0

6. Re: Probably a new windscreen! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Kenny,

I have had the car for 1 year and 1 month so the novelty and excitement has worn off a bit, and probably because I am now 52. Sods law says as soon as I get it fixed I will probably get another crack. So as long as it is 15mm, then I can live with that. What I am desperate to do is to get high beam assist, so as soon as I know what is involved, then I will probably get the windscreen done. Any ideas Crasher?

0 0 0

7. Re: Probably a new windscreen! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Interestingly, the new windscreen arrived with all the fixings for the rain sensor and high beam assist already bonded to the windscreen (rather than be mounted on the windscreen in situ.

I've got the high beam assist on my car already but to be honest I've never used it! I do the majority of my driving on Motorway where it's not been called for (yet).

Just like to add that National Windscreens did a very good job, even though it was the very first A7 screen that these particular guys had fitted. So a thanks to them for a job well done.

1 0 0

8. Re: Probably a new windscreen! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Have you got or are able to take a photo of the high beam assist parts. I have heard stories that I would need a new windscreen for high beam assist to be installed. Also a picture of the rear view mirror from the bonnet side of the car. I assume they used your original rear view mirror. From what I understand there is either a camera in the rear view mirror or it is stuck to the windscreen at the base of the rear view mirror, i.e. the part of the rear view mirror which attaches to the windscreen.
    Any help would be grateful.

0 0 0

9. Re: Probably a new windscreen! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Thanks for the post Kenny. This won't be useful to you in the slightest, but it has served as a kick up the **** for me. In the past I have been guilty of leaving chips in my windscreens. After reading your post I won't procrastinate about it in future as I'd hate to mess up the effectiveness of my auto wipers.
    The Only Way Is A6!
    A6 C7 Facelift Avant | Daytona Grey | S-Line Black Edition | 2016 | 3.0BiTDI 320ps | Tech Pack | Lighting Pack | Parking Pack | All LED Headlights | Sports suspension Heated Steering Wheel | Kessel a Run in under 10 parsecs

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Shabazmo,

The screen for the high beam assist is different from the non High beam assist model. I know this because National Windscreens originally turned up with the non-high beam assist screen, and had to reorder the correct one which has a clear window for the camera located above the rain sensor behind the mirror.

So if your car does not currently have High beam assist, and you retrofit it (if possible?) then I think you'd need a new windscreen (unless your car has the clear window for the camera already in the windscreen).

I'll try a pic later to show you the assembly.

1 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast