Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi All

I recently at the Emission light come on, it stayed on for a few days and went off by itself. after scanning it showed up this code, thinking it may have just been the pressure got too high for a split second momentarily, I cleared the code.
    It came back a week later though, I cleared it again and the same again happened, it stayed off for a week and then came back.

As it keeps coming on, I am aware this is genuine problem now. does anyone know how much it may be to fix?

The website below suggests just a sensor replacement?

http://engine-codes.com/p0473.html

0 0 0

2. Re: P0473 "Exhaust Pressure Sensor High" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If a new sensor (which needs calibrating) does not sort it out you need to forced reg the DPF or clean it out, if that fails it will have to be replaced.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: P0473 "Exhaust Pressure Sensor High" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    thanks for the reply.

Could literally go either way then :-( the sensor looks cheap....the dpf I know would not be!

Should I read anything into the fact it's intermittent? Whenever I have found people with the similar problem online, their's is on almost constantly, they clear it and 2 metres down the road it's back on. whereas mine stays off for a week and then comes back, could this be a good thing?

I'm off work the week after next, so I'll get it booked in then.

thanks again

0 0 0

4. Re: P0473 "Exhaust Pressure Sensor High" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Ignore the intermittent bit; I have seen some codes labelled as such that will not clear so the fault is definitely not intermittent. Common sense says to get a new sensor fitted and calibrated (if the garage looks puzzled at this, walk away) and then ask for a forced regen to be carried out. If this shows a fail or a final terminal ash (not soot) loading then you have two paths, a DPF cleaning treatment (Würth do one that I have yet to use) or the DPF is beyond help but that splits off into DPF delete (which I fiercely disagree with on environmental grounds) or replace which itself offers second hand (very short supply), pattern (cheap but potentially very clogging sensitive to which they may not be warranted) or genuine which costs over £1K for the part alone. If you get a terminal ash loading figure, this MUST not be cleared unless a new DPF is fitted and it MUST be cleared if one is fitted. If a second hand DPF is fitted the ash loading figure from the donor car MUST be obtained and entered. As for zeroing or reducing the ash loading figure when using a cleaned DPF, the jury is out on that one. Put it this way though, zeroing the ash figure on a blocked DPF could cause the filter to exceeded the 850°c upper safe temperature during regeneration and the warning “the car may burn down” is a bit scary! DPF problems are still in their infancy and I still carry a decent sized foam fire extinguisher with me during a forced regen, just in case!

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...y_Regeneration
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    If it helps, this is the one mechanical problem my A6 had, and it just needed a new G450 sensor fitting and calibrating. If you have VCDS you can see the ash content in the DPF and the last time a regen happened, which might give you a good idea of whether it's just a failed sensor or a blocked DPF.

Good luck!

MF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

6. Re: P0473 "Exhaust Pressure Sensor High" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Again, thanks for all your replies.

The latest on this......I rang IVS in Huddersfield after seeing some recommendations on here, I told him about the code and scanning it, he seemed quite clued up, and said straight away, it’s a 2.0tdi isn’t it, so he is obviously aware of the problem and must have seen it before so should hopefully know what he is doing.
    He agreed about replacing the sensor and that should be the end of it, said it would be about £30 to fit, and around £40 for the part, so I booked it in for first thing next Monday when I am off work – I know it could go either way here, the sensor is cheap, but if that doesn’t work the DPF is not too cheap!

Funnily enough the light as gone off again this morning of it’s own accord!

0 0 0

7. Re: P0473 "Exhaust Pressure Sensor High" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Update: Right, so I have it in the garage today, and they changed the pressure sensor, and agreed they were almost certain that was it, as the DPF looked fine, they also confirmed they had adapted it as well.

They said they get a lot of VAG vehicles in with this problem, and curiously the part he replaced it with is actually a slightly different part number, and so must be modified slightly, maybe as a result of a lot of problems!

Thanks for your help, I am hoping that's the end of it now!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Fingers crossed for you it's sorted the problem!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0