Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Allroad suspension compressor purchasing.

1. Allroad suspension compressor purchasing. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Morning all. Where do we all go for the suspension compresor? Is the guy in germny on ebay the best bet?
    I know there are sometimes repair kits sold etc, but I fell that a whole new part might as well go straight on as by the time I have messed about with mine, the way things are going at the moe, I will have wasted my time as it were.
    Also- are they plug and play parts, or will I need to get a VAGCOM on it to reset everything?
    MAny thanks.
    Tom.

0 0 0

2. Re: Allroad suspension compressor purchasing. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    what makes you think you need a new one? What are the symptoms?

if you are sure it is tired I am puting together a repair kit for £35 if i can tempt you, offering a new piston ring, bolts and parts to fit it, i know you will then have the hassle to fit it which you mention you may not want, but the offer is there.

If i were going for a compressor my money would be on the german one as it is closest to original, make sure it has the electrical connector with it, and plastic hoses, on some you may then only have to swap the temp sensor. No VCDS needed.

beware of this, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2709372698...84.m1423.l2649:
    It is NOT for an Allroad but will fit a Touareg only, it looks similar but there are differences, The touareg has a valve to inflate tyres at the side of the road using this drier unit, it does however contain the piston ring kit I believe we need and which I have produced, this piston ring kit is also availabe to buy from VW but for £108 +VAT, I have been investigating the allroad & other compressors extensively recently and will post my findings very, very soon. (need another week )

I have a piston repair kit fitted to my Allroad and all is well, I plan to make a few availabe for people to try and will get your thoughts.

regards

Andy
    Last edited by bagpipingandy; 21-03-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: altered text slightly
    ------------------------------------------
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0
    2000 Audi Allroad 2.5TDI V6 quattro
    Fully licenced Ross-Tech VCDS Interface
    Air Suspension Compressor Repair Kits: www.bagpipingandy.com

0 0 0

3. Re: Allroad suspension compressor purchasing. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bagpipingandy View Post
    ...and will get your thoughts.
    You can have mine now.

Can't wait for the full report.

Well done!

0 0 0

4. Re: Allroad suspension compressor purchasing. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if you are sure it is tired I am puting together a repair kit for £35 if i can tempt you, offering a new piston ring, bolts and parts to fit it, i know you will then have the hassle to fit it which you mention you may not want, but the offer is there.

If i were going for a compressor my money would be on the german one as it is closest to original, make sure it has the electrical connector with it, and plastic hoses, on some you may then only have to swap the temp sensor. No VCDS needed.

It is NOT for an Allroad but will fit a Touareg only, it looks similar but there are differences, The touareg has a valve to inflate tyres at the side of the road using this drier unit, it does however contain the piston ring kit I believe we need and which I have produced, this piston ring kit is also availabe to buy from VW but for £108 +VAT, I have been investigating the allroad & other compressors extensively recently and will post my findings very, very soon. (need another week )

I have a piston repair kit fitted to my Allroad and all is well, I plan to make a few availabe for people to try and will get your thoughts.

regards

Andy
    thanks for that Andy. The fact that mine sounded (it now doesnt work at all) like a bren gun makes me think it is knackered lol.
    The alternator is noow knackered on the car, so it is going to get sorted by a local vw audi guy i know as I havent the time at all, and he has a compressor he knows works well which he wil let me have for a very resonable sum.
    Thanks very much for yet another VERY informative reply. If I hadnt thrashed my compressor to death already i would have definitely had one of the kits off you though.
    mk3 golf gl
    mk4 golf gti turbo
    2001 A6 Allroad 2.5tdi. Auto
    1994 300tdi 110 defender tipper.

0 0 0

5. Re: Allroad suspension compressor purchasing. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

regards

Andy
    Hi Andy - yes it's me again. I am now on my third suspension air compressor. The first replacement was in 2008 - like the poster, it ws very noisy and Audi Edinburgh replaced it for a very modest £1,000. The second replacement was in France in 2010 - just failed with no warning. Fortunately, there was still 2 months warranty left so Audi France replaced it free of charge. I too will be very interested in your forthcoming post. Sods law - it will probably happen to me again!

0 0 0