1. Audi A6 C7 hidden menu. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok so I have followed the instruction to enable the hidden menu on my 2013 A6 c7, but it will not save the settings. I go into:
    5f - information electric
    10 - adaptation
    select channel 6 and change value from 0 to 1
    test then save
    reboot MMI by holding down the menu > middle confirmation button > top right soft key as instructed.
    the mmi goes off and appears to reboot
    press and hold car + menu ( making sure neither light comes on on either button) but nothing happens.
    go back into vag com and the value I set to 1 is showing as 0

any ideas people

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A6 C7 hidden menu. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markfidler976 View Post
    any ideas people
    Here is one: Hidden menus

It could be also useful to share with us your MMI SW version.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 1 0

3. Re: Audi A6 C7 hidden menu. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah i checked other threads and followed instructions. It lets me change the value from 0 to 1 and i sa e it but when i go back in the value is set back to 0 and i still tried holding down menu + car but no hidden menu. I will post SW version tomorrow when i check it.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 C7 hidden menu. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Take a closer look for the attached message:

"Vcds 5f then 10 then channel 5 not 6 !!!!!!"

If you did everything fine, and the above trick is not working, you can still try this, as this post was reported as a working one for such cars, for which the regular way failed. I think, it's not an argument in this case, that you were able to change a value if it's not in the correct position, because in this case this value is used for something else, and even it's also possible that this value will be reset because you restart the MMI system.

There could be also an uncommon thing, maybe first you have to update your MMI version before you will be able to enable the hidden menu.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A6 C7 hidden menu. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    Take a closer look for the attached message:

"Vcds 5f then 10 then channel 5 not 6 !!!!!!"

If you did everything fine, and the above trick is not working, you can still try this, as this post was reported as a working one for such cars, for which the regular way failed. I think, it's not an argument in this case, that you were able to change a value if it's not in the correct position, because in this case this value is used for something else, and even it's also possible that this value will be reset because you restart the MMI system.

There could be also an uncommon thing, maybe first you have to update your MMI version before you will be able to enable the hidden menu.

I have followed using he channel 5 and this did enable a green menu but not sure it is the one I am looking for because there is no menu item called car which is where I need to be.

the menu that now shows has things like power toys, power and audio.

is it possible there is 2 hidden menu's and its the other 1 I need?

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A6 C7 hidden menu. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    is it possible there is 2 hidden menu's and its the other 1 I need?
    I'm sorry to say it my friend, but this means, you have no MMI, but you have only RMC (Radio Media Center) [sometimes referred as MMI basic, MMI low] Green menu

Unfortunately, and as far as I know, there is no other Green menu installed in your car, but this is your Green menu. This is a common issue, but - also as far as I know -, there is no easy way to replace it with the MMI [sometimes referred as MMI high] system.

Audi Radio Media Center (RMC) tutorials - mr-fix.info

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A6 C7 hidden menu. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    apart from the obvious HDD advantage of the other system what is the benefits of having the mmi rather than RMC, I mean I have sat nav, sd slots, dab radio, drive select to mention a few? on a separate topic when I use the DAB radio it does not display the station logos, tried going into function then selecting info but all it says is no picture available. I know my area is ok for DAB signal as my wifes polo displays all the station logos fine.

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A6 C7 hidden menu. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    apart from the obvious HDD advantage of the other system what is the benefits of having the mmi rather than RMC, I mean I have sat nav, sd slots, dab radio, drive select to mention a few?
    There are no differences from a user aspect, as almost all Audi A6 MMI related parts and accessories are the same. The main differences are listed in the A6/4G Tips&Tricks topic. As you were already figured out, if a trick refers to the Green Menu, then it will probably not work in a RMC system, however, and of course all Green Menu independent VCDS trick will work. Just an example - until this day -, the Ambient light can't be enabled in the RMC, because nobody was able to find the car -> cardevicelist submenu in the RMC menu. It may be there, honestly this directory must be there somewhere as a subdirectory, but as far as I know, this place was never found or at least it was never documented.

on a separate topic when I use the DAB radio it does not display the station logos, tried going into function then selecting info but all it says is no picture available.
    Unfortunately I'm not familiar with DAB, so I have no clue in this case. I think with this issue you need to start a new topic, or find a DAB related topic for more detailed information.

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A6 C7 hidden menu. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did a bit of googling and found:
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...4jzZICcHNXp03Q

Cant realky understand it but hopefully i can enable the ambient lighting controls

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi A6 C7 hidden menu. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Cant realky understand it but hopefully i can enable the ambient lighting controls
    SW 5570 is an A6/4F type MMI. However I posted something like this just days ago into another topic, that it could worth a try to search for the car menu based on the former 2G basic menu structure. Here is the youtube video I found for this issue:

I hope this will help you to find the car menu in the RMC.

0 0 0