Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Instructions for Getting iPhone Working with High Telephone and data Services

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Instructions for Getting iPhone Working with High Telephone and data Services 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you need to take it back under warranty, you unjb it first!

A6 SE Estate 3.0 TDi with no style but loads of gizmos

0 0 0

2. Re: Instructions for Getting iPhone Working with High Telephone and data Services 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nathan,

I think you misunderstood: The sim in the car *automatically* diverts always, because it's off.
    I don't know how text messages would work, though.

Y90USF,

Nope, I don't believe it does. In fact, IIRC, there was a legal battle about this recently and it was deemed it couldn't.
    And no, I haven't found any apps that don't work on jailbroken ... why wouldn't they?!
    It's not like the O/S or software is different

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Download the new pingit app Barclays have launched, when trying to register it says this phone has been jail broken and is unsupported or something along them lines, as I had mine jail broken, and even after restoring it says the same so in the event of a warranty issue I'm sure apple would see the phone has been jail broken
    Y90USF

0 0 0

4. Re: Instructions for Getting iPhone Working with High Telephone and data Services 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Y90USF,

Sorry, but in my experience, absolutely not - If you restore the phone to the standard ipsw there is no trace of the jailbreak.
    Either it's not a full restore you've done, or it's "detecting" a jailbreak because it's not on the right ios version (seems unlikely).

Also: Installing xCon from cydia would have made it usable whilst still jailbroken.

G

0 0 0

5. Re: Instructions for Getting iPhone Working with High Telephone and data Services 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbjk View Post
    Nathan, (I assume you mean me)

I think you misunderstood: The sim in the car *automatically* diverts always, because it's off.
    I don't know how text messages would work, though.
    So there is a bunch of people who think that a different number is yours, and whenever they call you, the call will always be diverted?

It sounds like yet another unsatisfactory choice.

They need to fix this.

0 0 0

6. Re: Instructions for Getting iPhone Working with High Telephone and data Services 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No, you move your main number to the car's sim.

And yes, whenever they call they get diverted, but I'm not sure if that won't be quite quick.

0 0 0

7. Re: Instructions for Getting iPhone Working with High Telephone and data Services 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, so what happens when you call from outside the car, what number do people see?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Well... I had a brave stab at this tonight. My iPhone 4 was already running iOS 5.1 so the jailbreak had to be tethered. It all installed ok though. I also managed to install the rSAP trial version too, and I set the options as per the suggestions in the post.

Feeling pleased with myself, I went out to the car and searched for my phone's Bluetooth in the MMI. It showed up as "Car Phone" which was encouraging, and after entering the 16 digit key it paired...

Here it all went wrong! The car reported that it had no service, and on my iPhone display the "Vodafone 3G" and the signal bars were replaced by "No Service". I switched the phone back to the iOS Bluetooth stack, but the Settings screen hung then crashed when I tried to make the selection. After rebooting the phone, the iOS stack appeared to work, but the phone would not see the car and vice versa. I tried the whole process three times, but got the same result every time.

In the end I had to restore the phone to get Bluetooth working again, so I am back to a standard phone that connects via HFP once more.

Oh well. Maybe I will try a Nokia phone next...

MF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

9. Re: Instructions for Getting iPhone Working with High Telephone and data Services 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    Oh well. Maybe I will try a Nokia phone next...
    ...or a BMW...

0 0 0

10. Re: Instructions for Getting iPhone Working with High Telephone and data Services 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Nathan View Post
    ...or a B*W...
    Careful! Swearing like that can get you banned

I dug out my old Nokia 6230i, planning to give it a try today. I plugged it in and waited for it to charge, then carefully fitted the micro-sim from my iPhone, making sure the metal contacts lined up. I excitedly fired it up, ready to see rSAP in action for the first time... only to find it is sim-locked to Orange! Aagh!!! I think I have a Vodafone 6230 somewhere too, but it's probably at the bottom of a box in the loft somewhere. Sigh.

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast