Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

i picked my car up a couple of weeks ago and mainly the mrs has been driving it round town, i took it on a decent run on the motorway and noticed it strongly pulls to the left on flat road with the steering centred, i rang the dealer they said i could have a mechanic test ride it with me in a weeks time.

i wasn't happy about that so went to a wheel alignment centre today and had them check the car and its massively out on the rear wheels (see pic) the front wheels are fine. its only done 500 miles so i took it back to the dealer straight from the alignment centre and their having it in next week to look at it, but the alignment centre said the rear wheels on our polo cannot be adjusted for that amount of misalignment so what could the dealer do to sort it out? shims or new axle?

not sure which link will work both pics are of the rear wheel alignment test results

http://tinypic.com/r/imp2l3/5

any ideas?

0 0 0

2. Re: Rear Wheels major Misalignment 2012 Brand spankers Polo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If its a multilink suspension (whicj I doubt) then there are way to change it. If its a axle beam then there must be some serious damage to shift thrust angle so much to change it 2deg. I bet it drives leaving 4 tyre marks instead 2. Total angles are not so bad its just feel as axle was shifted to left creating more neg camber on left. If there is a way to shift axle to right then it easly could get even and make it right. If it would be on 3-5 years old car we could give it a try. With brand new vehicle I would reject vehicle or ask dealer to fix it.

0 0 0

3. Re: Rear Wheels major Misalignment 2012 Brand spankers Polo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Polo is a twist-beam trailing arm design (some say torsion-beam). If there is a problem with a brand new car (which there obviously is) then it's up to the dealers to fix it. No different than any other defect.
    2002 Polo 9n 1.2 65PS. Basic but it's better than the train!

0 0 0

4. Re: Rear Wheels major Misalignment 2012 Brand spankers Polo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzzler99 View Post
    Hi,

i picked my car up a couple of weeks ago and mainly the mrs has been driving it round town, i took it on a decent run on the motorway and noticed it strongly pulls to the left on flat road with the steering centred, i rang the dealer they said i could have a mechanic test ride it with me in a weeks time.

i wasn't happy about that so went to a wheel alignment centre today and had them check the car and its massively out on the rear wheels (see pic) the front wheels are fine. its only done 500 miles so i took it back to the dealer straight from the alignment centre and their having it in next week to look at it, but the alignment centre said the rear wheels on our polo cannot be adjusted for that amount of misalignment so what could the dealer do to sort it out? shims or new axle?

not sure which link will work both pics are of the rear wheel alignment test results

any ideas?
    Very interesting, I have just created my own thread about the very same thing!

What are the figures that are out on your car, camber?

I have been told our car is pulling due to misalignment and also because of the 17 inch wheels fitted (standards) and to be honest I don't have a huge amount of faith in the dealers at all, I read online of a Polo having a new rear axle which still didn't cure the pulling issue, hence I have a feeling it is steering related.

Would be interested to know how you get on, not quite sure where to go with our car now...

Link to my thread in case you're interested:

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ng-to-the-left
    Last edited by dlg78; 28-03-2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: adding link

0 0 0

5. Re: Rear Wheels major Misalignment 2012 Brand spankers Polo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

thanks for the replies. 'what happened waz':-

i took it back to the dealer and gave them the above printout and the number of the alignment centre i used as the manager said he would be happy to speak to them, the dealership said a technican test drove it and pronounced it fine so i said what about the alignment then? they send a technical query to volkswagen who replied with that it needs 2000km for the suspension to wear in from new before the final alignment readings can be confirmed so the dealer said take it away and drive it till then and we will see what the alignment results are when u bring it back in.

to me this smells a bit of '********' to be honest but i agreed and have done as asked and driven it to nearly 2000km on the clock and im going to get it checked again this week.

i think its still pulling to the left, have driven it loads on every different type of road i can find (motorway, town, a road, swoopy hilly road) and it allways pulls to the left and it feels as though the steering is fighting me to drive straight, my previous car was a golf mk6 2.0 tdi se which drove beautifully (if it was a £17k rattle monster)

sad i know but i got the mrs to film it on my iphone whilst i was driving on a flat bit of road to demonstrate to the 'helpful' (not) lady who is dealing with it at the dealers.

the results are in the pic above camber for the top one.

grrrrr.
    Last edited by Guzzler99; 01-04-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: answer questoin

0 0 0

6. Re: Rear Wheels major Misalignment 2012 Brand spankers Polo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    I hate these flashy alignment graphs, get them to write down the figures as they are in these charts.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0