Notices

User Tag List

Thread: fault code p0118 Engine coolant Temo sensor(G62) error on 2.0l BKD diesel gt tdi golf

1. fault code p0118 Engine coolant Temo sensor(G62) error on 2.0l BKD diesel gt tdi golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello every one,

My Mk5 Golf gt tdi 2.0l BKD has developed a coolant trmp senspr issue, today I did my usual drive to work (30ish miles) I noticed that my temp gauge did not move a bit, mpg was fine and it pulled as well as normal. Blower was nice and hot too

I plugged in my code reader and it came up with:

Engine coolant Temp Sensor (G62): Signal too high: P0118
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Static- No define

The strange thing was as soon as I plugged in the MaxScan code reader it triggered the gauge to work. I turned the engine on and off a couple of times and the gauge worked fine.........

I guess I need to replace the coolant temp sensor to eliminate this issue.
    What do you guys think?

Where is the sensor situated on my 2.0l BKD engine?

If anyone can help that would be fantastic,

Thanks in advance,

Buzz

0 0 0

2. Re: fault code p0118 Engine coolant Temo sensor(G62) error on 2.0l BKD diesel gt tdi golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    located at back of cylinder head
    if you look at back of head you will see a black plastic coolant housing
    its located at lower corner towards bulkhead 4 wires black connector
    should have green sender but early cars had black

0 0 0

3. Re: fault code p0118 Engine coolant Temo sensor(G62) error on 2.0l BKD diesel gt tdi golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what does other sensor coming out of rad do? I've 2 sensors...one as u describe above (2 pin) and another at rad

0 0 0

4. Re: fault code p0118 Engine coolant Temo sensor(G62) error on 2.0l BKD diesel gt tdi golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andwat View Post
    what does other sensor coming out of rad do? I've 2 sensors...one as u describe above (2 pin) and another at rad
    Rad fan switch

VCDS HEX+CAN CODE READING AND RECODES

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

0 0 0

5. Re: fault code p0118 Engine coolant Temo sensor(G62) error on 2.0l BKD diesel gt tdi golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your reply "towcestervag", I shall have a look and see how much of a job it will be to replace, thanks again.
    Buzz

0 0 0

6. Re: fault code p0118 Engine coolant Temo sensor(G62) error on 2.0l BKD diesel gt tdi golf 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's a pain to find - take off the battery and battery covers, and then feel around down the side of the engine block. It's fiddy to pull out as there isn't much space. There is a u-clip you need to pull out from the top of the sensor - this is tricky as it has a habit off falling into the engine floor. There will be a small amount of coolant loss when you pull out the old sensor. Don't forget the O-ring when you push the new one in!

1 0 0