Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Donations - show your gratitude for the advice you receive - Support the Kid's at Christmas

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
  1. Re: Donations - show your gratitude for the advice you receive - Support the Kid's at Christmas 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart View Post
    Just think.. this thread has had in excess of 41000 views... if everyone had donated just £1.....How nice would that be if I could have said "On behalf of the Members and team of VW Audi Forum there is a donation of £20000 for you" to both charities.....
    It would have put this Forum at 'the top of the shop' for sure. Would have attracted another 40k members- and in turn lead to 'more available info'- 'save more members' needless expense' , etc.
    BUT- lets not forget the 'decent heart/meaning' behind the appeal .
    I also feel for you Stuart- I bet right now you feel embarrassed bud . DONT be- just have to realise us humans are put together in different ways .

Keep the good work up Stu-- dont let a setback/disappointment like this affect you.
    As the great man Winston Churchill said 'Merry xmas' .
    Lets do it again huh ? Next year- we have a target to beat .

Lets see how many can chip in a £5 fiver and take it up to at least £1k in the time remaining .

I'll start the ball rolling .
    Pete.

ps - Thank you for taking the time to provide 'us members' with such a great forum'. We all appreciate it.
    Last edited by pete99; 22-12-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: wow

2 3 0

2. Re: Donations - show your gratitude for the advice you receive - Support the Kid's at Christmas 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I emailed both the charities last week.... so far Birmingham Childrens hospital have replied as follows..... I told them both they would be getting in the region of £200 so far...

Hi Stuart,

That’s a brilliant idea! Thank you so much to you and the members for your kind donation. As a charitable hospital we rely on donations and your money will really make a difference to our patients lives!

There are several ways to cash in your money:

· Cheque- You can send in a cheque addressed to ‘Birmingham Children’s Hospital Charities’ with a slip detailing where you would like the money to go, for example the Cancer Appeal, General fund etc.
    · Cash – You would need to drop any cash off to the Fundraising Hub (on the main corridor) at Birmingham Children’s Hospital.
    · Bank – You can deposit your donation into any branch of NatWest using our bank account and sort code details on the attached or transfer your donation directly to us if you use internet banking. If you choose this option, it would be really helpful if you could drop me an email or give me a call once you’ve deposited your donation to let me know the following:
    o Exact sum paid in
    o Date
    o Ward/Department you would like the donation to be paid into (if applicable)
    o Your contact details – so we can send you a thank you letter/certificate

In regards to a thank you letter that is absolutely fine although you may receive it a few weeks after you send the money in, I hope that’s okay!

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Kind Regards,

Hayley Miller | 0121 333 8506
    Supporter Care Officer
    Fundraising Team

Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 2 0

3. Re: Donations - show your gratitude for the advice you receive - Support the Kid's at Christmas 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pete99 View Post
    Very true -- . Thing that surprised me though- is that some of the fellow members on here that get lots of ££££££££££work£££££££ through this forum-- dont seem to support the appeal . . But- everyone to their own I guess . We all have choices .
    Think you will find this forum is more take than give and as for work from here its limited trust me lol

As for donating then its the individuals right to and not to be forced as most of you have saved hundreds of pounds from professionals on here so maybe that saving should be directed towards the upkeep of the forum or this thread

It would be easy to set a paypal account up and add a fee per answer then lets see the private messages reduce as well

2 0 0

4. Re: Donations - show your gratitude for the advice you receive - Support the Kid's at Christmas 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a8 tech View Post
    Think you will find this forum is more take than give and as for work from here its limited trust me lol

As for donating then its the individuals right to and not to be forced as most of you have saved hundreds of pounds from professionals on here so maybe that saving should be directed towards the upkeep of the forum or this thread

It would be easy to set a paypal account up and add a fee per answer then lets see the private messages reduce as well

Just a few things--
    The first post on this thread by myself was aimed at giving donations for help received-- to the running /upkeep of this helpful forum.
    It was pointed out that the forum is self sufficient because of the kind/ 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' sponsorship from certain businesses.
    It was then (very selflessly) suggested that instead, anything received could be donated to a very worthy cause instead.

Unfortunately- the bottom line is very embarrassing for the forum.

Yes- everyone has the choice to donate or not. But- would the price of a scratch card, a pull of the one armed bandit, a small ice cream etc have hurt anyone on here in any possible way to chuck in a quid for a very very worthy cause ? I think not.

Not meant to be emotional blackmail-- but- just imagine if any of your kids were stuck in hospital seriously/terminally ill at this time of year .

Its all abouit caring about others-whether relations are not .

There but for the grace of God go I . Remember that .

It was and still is a great idea.
    It's nice to think about more important things than cars .

Merry xmas everyone .

2 1 0

5. Re: Donations - show your gratitude for the advice you receive - Support the Kid's at Christmas 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I was going to close the appeal at 9pm tonight.. but, although I suspect it will not make any difference, I could leave this until the end of the week.... So, shall i close it and donate what we have, or hope that we get a few more pounds before the weekend?

I already have my own opinions on what will happen.... I suppose I am just optimistic......
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 0 0

6. Donations - show your gratitude for the advice you receive - Support the Kid's at Christmas 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Only just joined the site, but I have just donated.

I saved cash with a quick fix on my boot lock.

Thanks, and happy Christmas.

Dan

3 2 0

7. Re: Donations - show your gratitude for the advice you receive - Support the Kid's at Christmas 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny-boy View Post
    Only just joined the site, but I have just donated.

I saved cash with a quick fix on my boot lock.

Thanks, and happy Christmas.

Dan
    Thank you.... please ignore the email I have just sent you

Stuart
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

0 0 0

8. Re: Donations - show your gratitude for the advice you receive - Support the Kid's at Christmas 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good for you Danny-- very refreshing .

2 0 0

9. Re: Donations - show your gratitude for the advice you receive - Support the Kid's at Christmas 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart View Post
    I was going to close the appeal at 9pm tonight.. but, although I suspect it will not make any difference, I could leave this until the end of the week.... So, shall i close it and donate what we have, or hope that we get a few more pounds before the weekend?

I already have my own opinions on what will happen.... I suppose I am just optimistic......
    Nothing wrong with being optimistic Stu--so on that note- I will chuck in another £tenner--to start the xmas spirit rolling along-again .
    Anyone reading this- please dont think I am rolling in it . Not had any work for last 5 weeks --but- I dont have the worries and concerns of other unfortunate parents who have a sick child at this time of year . That is good enough for me .

I do believe out there are many people with deep pockets but also have big hearts .
    IT'S XMAS The time for giving and caring .

2 0 0

10. Re: Donations - show your gratitude for the advice you receive - Support the Kid's at Christmas 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Thank you
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

0 0 0

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast