Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Donations - show your gratitude for the advice you receive - Support the Kid's at Christmas

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Donations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I too agree with Esh's post...

It would be nice to think when people get help from forum, they could consider that they could have paid someone for that and have saved money, thus could donate to a cause like this even if it is just a £1... like you say Stuart there are so many members and even a 50p donation from all would make it a success...

But again only my opinion

2 1 0

2. Re: Donations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart View Post
    I agree with Eshrules... although any donation at all to show you appreciation for the help received from fellow members of the site would be appreciated so far we have had £65.00

Stuart
    That absolutely amazes me . I am never stuck for words--but I am now.
    It really is embarrassing

1 1 0

3. Re: Donations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    x2, I did not want to originally say how much I donated but... my mate £10 me £15... plus gonna top up at Christmas...

IMO a real shame... I'm thinking I may do VCDS scans for charity or something fund raising ish

0 0 0

4. Re: Donations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    x2, I did not want to originally say how much I donated but... my mate £10 me £15... plus gonna top up at Christmas...

IMO a real shame... I'm thinking I may do VCDS scans for charity or something fund raising ish
    Well I think I have donated £20 -£25 also (cant remember exactly)

I think that says it all.

0 0 0

5. Re: Donations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just a afterthought . I am pretty sure that the majority of members will not have seen nor read this thread . Most members, I am sure, will log on and click on their personal interest section.
    This thread is tucked away somewhere on the 'home page'.

I feel that if it was to appear as a 'sticky' in all sections of the forums pages- then there would be a massive response.
    I just cannot believe that the average Joe Soap on here would ignore it.
    Looking at how many people have actually read this thread- (25) is a good indicator .

1 0 0

6. Re: Donations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Good point

I am due to send a mass email out this weekend, so I will add it to that see of that gets some interest.....

At the end of the day I am not forcing people to donate, it was just, what seemed a good idea from a fellow member to donate for help given on the site, it was my idea to give it away to a good cause...

Stuart
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 1 0

7. Re: Donations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Come on guys, show some appreciation!!!!!!

Two donations made, one for the site as I find it so useful and another for the very worthy charities.

Considering the amount of people who use this site and save themselves a fortune in doing so, it's really disappointing that the only ones who have donated and commented so far seem to be the guys who are actually providing a great percentage of the advice, and saving you all a fortune in doing so.

Come on guys, put 5 or 10% of what you've saved by being able to do a job yourselves rather than paying someone else to do it into this, show your appreciation.
    Last edited by OddBallBoy; 19-10-2012 at 02:11 AM.

2 2 0

8. Re: Donations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I'll be topping mine up in a couple of weeks

2 1 0

9. Re: Donations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Just for info... this thread has had 4300 views... if each viewer donated £1... I make that £4300... very nice split between the two charities mentioned in this thread... even .10p each would be £430...

I do appreciate that some may already give to charity, I am not saying you have to donate, I would just like to put any donations to a good cause, the site pretty much runs itself thanks to our sponsors and supporters, so I am not keeping this for myself What will you be doing this Christmas? I will be sitting at home with family having fun, these kid's will be in hospital, maybe wired up to machines or drugs, some may not even know it is Christmas...

The staff at these places need medals, they will be sacrificing there Christmas to look after them whilst we have fun! Any donation, no matter how small, will go towards some equipment, or toy's to make there stay better...

Thanks

Stuart
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 2 0

10. Re: Donations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    This is one of the reason..... Conjoined Twins: Babies Successfully Separated

Performed at Great Ormand Street......
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

0 1 0

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast