1. Mark 7 has now arrived in showroom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I went my local showroom today (inchcape/Smith Night Fay Stockport) who now have two Mark 7's that only just arrived yesterday, with one of them in the showroom. The earliest they said I could go for a test drive was w/c 7th Jan.

The one in the showroom was a 2.0 GT tdi DSG with the 5.8 inch media screen. Nice car but didn't like the seats in the GT model, otherwise everything else was good.

3 1 0

2. Re: Mark 7 has now arrived in showroom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ashakeeluk View Post
    ... but didn't like the seats in the GT model, otherwise everything else was good.
    What didn't you like about the seats - comfort, material. or what?
    A3 Sportback 1.4TFSI COD S-Line, 7-speed S-tronic, Glacier white, Black Nappa leather, Technology with Audi Connect, LED headlights, Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Lane Assist, High Beam Assist, Audi Parking System Plus with Park Assist, Audi Sound system, and more!

0 0 0

3. Re: Mark 7 has now arrived in showroom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have been told the 'official' UK launch of the Golf VII is on 7 January. Cars will be arriving at dealers between now and then, but no doubt they are not allowed to let them out on the road until the 7th.

0 0 0

4. Re: Mark 7 has now arrived in showroom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glospete View Post
    What didn't you like about the seats - comfort, material. or what?
    I just didn't like the material in the centre, it was a sued type material, will have a closer look again. I have booked for a test drive on w/c 7th Jan and I am looking at getting the 1.4TSi ACT manual. I am looking to keep the car for a long tme so therefore avoiding the DSG due to the problems others are facing with the autobox.

I suppose the dealer will be very hard pushed to give any discount due to the car being a new model even though Drivethedeal, autoebid and ukcarbroker are giving between 10% and 11% off. So I will for sure be buying off the net.

1 0 0

5. Re: Mark 7 has now arrived in showroom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ashakeeluk View Post
    I just didn't like the material in the centre, it was a sued type material, will have a closer look again.
    I have ordered leather so hopefully your negative feelings will not apply! I was worried that you found the seats uncomfortable.
    Also I thought the DSG gearbox was new - dry clutch etc. What problems are you concerned about?
    A3 Sportback 1.4TFSI COD S-Line, 7-speed S-tronic, Glacier white, Black Nappa leather, Technology with Audi Connect, LED headlights, Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Lane Assist, High Beam Assist, Audi Parking System Plus with Park Assist, Audi Sound system, and more!

0 0 0

6. Re: Mark 7 has now arrived in showroom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have had a further look on the specs and there are other options for different seats on the GT, so will investigate further. In terms of the DSG I hope they have sorted out the issues with the 7 speed box, I currently drive a tiptronic auto Mercedes on lease and its fantastic gearbox, but we also have a Yaris which is a manual that's really nippy around town. So I am really torn to go for a manual or DSG golf GT to replace the lease car.

This will also be a car I buy to keep the car for a long time, so want to get the right purchase.

0 0 0

7. Re: Mark 7 has now arrived in showroom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Saw an SE this afternoon at the Middlesbrough dealer. Its 'silver' dash trim was in fact a rather nice graphite colour, not the awful looking stuff on the configurator!

1 0 0

8. Re: Mark 7 has now arrived in showroom 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G0rdon View Post
    Saw an SE this afternoon at the Middlesbrough dealer. Its 'silver' dash trim was in fact a rather nice graphite colour, not the awful looking stuff on the configurator!
    Have to agree from a quick sneak peak at the local dealership (it was round the back as apparently they aren't meant to be out on the showroom floor yet) that it is a very nice brushed dark aluminium colour in the SE and has a very nice look and feel to the interior. The 5.8" touchscreen is incredibly responsive and accurate so the 8" one should be even better.

Had a quick look through the manual that was in the glove compartment and had a look at some of the features. Interestingly the auxillary remote controlled heater is mentioned in the English manual, but nothing about a heated windscreen at all.

1 0 0