1. Re: Mark VII wish list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldn't count heated washer jets as a safety feature. I have them and they're complete toss. Might as well not be fitted.
    2010 Focus ST-3

0 0 0

2. Re: Mark VII wish list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well it look as if you'll be getting this > http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Communi...ech-explained/

MQB-built cars will come with more tangible goodies too and the new Golf will be available with some premium options including camera-based traffic sign detection to help avoid breaking speed limits, fatigue sensing which detects erratic use of the steering wheel, adaptive cruise control, front assist area monitoring and lane keeping.

An all-new electronic limited slip differential will be fitted with the most powerful engines. At the Nurburgring 24-hour race, a Scirroco fitted with it lapped 8.5 seconds faster than a sister car without it. All cars will have a new variable ratio electric power steering system, the variability achieved mechanically (through gearing) rather than electronically.

Passive safety will be improved through the introduction of a pre-crash protection system into the smaller cars. There will also be a multi-collision brake system which applies the brakes automatically following an impact, preventing cars rolling on into another crash. Inside, a new 8in touch-screen system has a built-in proximity sensor which VW says makes it safer to use when driving. Sensing the imminent arrival of a finger, it switches automatically from display to operating mode.
    Nothing to see here, move along..

0 0 0

3. Re: Mark VII wish list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    "... camera-based traffic sign detection to help avoid breaking speed limits" must surely be the most pointless gadget of all - sorry Officer, my gadget forgot to tell me ... Cars are approaching the point, rather like desktop computers already have, where they will do all that is required of them by most people and so manufacturers have to keep adding this froth, wrapped up in PR speak, to tempt punters to buy. Just make the car quieter, more fuel efficient and more reliable.
    VW Golf MK7 Match 1.4TSI 122PS 5dr DSG | 2015 | Reflex Silver | Climatronic | SE wheels

0 0 0

4. Re: Mark VII wish list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topdrawer View Post
    "... camera-based traffic sign detection to help avoid breaking speed limits" must surely be the most pointless gadget of all - sorry Officer, my gadget forgot to tell me ... Cars are approaching the point, rather like desktop computers already have, where they will do all that is required of them by most people and so manufacturers have to keep adding this froth, wrapped up in PR speak, to tempt punters to buy. Just make the car quieter, more fuel efficient and more reliable.
    And try and find a way of making my front doors stop creaking rather than me having to modify their top seals with 1/4" irrigation tubing. There are so many intrinsic things I would rather see addressed first than a load of gobbledygook technospeak and unnecessary gimmickry.
    2016 VW Golf MK7 Match Edition 1.4TSI 125ps 5dr in Reflex Silver.

0 0 0

5. Re: Mark VII wish list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hex69 View Post
    Well it look as if you'll be getting this > http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Communi...ech-explained/
    Complexity for complexites sake , I can remember when you could keep a 20 year old car running with a bit of string some electrical tape and an egg ( the egg to crack and pour into the radiator cap when the matrix started leaking coolant)
    2011 . Golf Match. 1.4TSI Manual 122Ps Steel Grey.

0 0 0

6. Re: Mark VII wish list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebobster View Post
    Push them in by hand , how hard is that ?
    It's a frikking 'luxury' pack that I payed hard earned cash for. They should fold in with the ignition being turned off.

To be honest it was more that my expectations were dashed that was annoying. I assumed they would fold in as I'd seen on a number of other cars. Hey ho, I learnt from that mistake and will question more closely any future options I may purchase.
    VW Golf MK6: MATCH 1.4TSI 5dr, Reflex Silver.

0 0 0

7. Re: Mark VII wish list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malarith View Post
    It's a frikking 'luxury' pack that I payed hard earned cash for. They should fold in with the ignition being turned off.

To be honest it was more that my expectations were dashed that was annoying. I assumed they would fold in as I'd seen on a number of other cars. Hey ho, I learnt from that mistake and will question more closely any future options I may purchase.
    I'd hate mine to do what you've suggested. In out, in out every bloody time the ignition is turned on or off!! Think what might happen during the recent very cold weather with hard frozen water in and around the swivel mechanism. You turn on the ignition and then crunch, grate, grrrunch as the mirrors try to turn outwards and then snap, they're broken.
    No you can keep that and leave it to the driver to do it when necessary.

0 0 0

8. Re: Mark VII wish list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHGTTG View Post
    I'd hate mine to do what you've suggested. In out, in out every bloody time the ignition is turned on or off!! Think what might happen during the recent very cold weather with hard frozen water in and around the swivel mechanism. You turn on the ignition and then crunch, grate, grrrunch as the mirrors try to turn outwards and then snap, they're broken.
    No you can keep that and leave it to the driver to do it when necessary.
    I understand the concerns about the cold weather on the mechanism, but Mercedes and BMW manage it without a problem.
    VW Golf MK6: MATCH 1.4TSI 5dr, Reflex Silver.

0 0 0

9. Re: Mark VII wish list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malarith View Post
    I understand the concerns about the cold weather on the mechanism, but Mercedes and BMW manage it without a problem.
    Precisely. But VW 'ain't' no BMW OR Mercedes - a rung or two down the ladder of quality, engineering and construction.

0 0 0

10. Re: Mark VII wish list! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The only thing Mecedes excells at is seperating the owner from his spondoolix
    2011 . Golf Match. 1.4TSI Manual 122Ps Steel Grey.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast