1. 2011 Jetta demo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After some considerable pain involving the gearchange in 1st, 2nd and 3rd on my Jetta (pain in trying to interest someone at the dealer and/or Volkswagen_UK in the problem) I am now appealing to anyone with the same vehicle: 2.0 Tdi SE 6-speed.

If there is anyone with this type who might be travelling anywhere in SW Scotland (Dumfriesshire) who could allow me to compare their gearchange as above I would be very grateful. I have told VW that if another similar vehicle has the same 'feature' I will give up and drive it until my contract expires and then get rid of.

Many thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: 2011 Jetta demo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry i don"t live in scotland,i"m on merseyside but i do have the same 2.0 tdi jetta se and the gearchange is fine.it can be a bit notchy but no trouble getting into any gears.

0 0 0

3. Re: 2011 Jetta demo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for that. When you say 'notchy' is that on all gears or just 1,2 and 3. Also, do you know if the clutch cable is solid or the 'self-adjusting' one?

0 0 0

4. Re: 2011 Jetta demo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its like you can feel the cogs mesh sometimes through the gearlever.i had a mk 6 golf tsi with a six speed box and that was the same.in fact the golf would struggle to go into 1st gear when cold.i think its a common thing with the six speed box.just read on another forum a guy with a golf gtd with the same problem with difficult gear changes.on the whole though im very happy with the jetta.im not sure whetther the clutch is hydraulic or cable.its probably hydraulic.

0 0 0

5. Re: 2011 Jetta demo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well that sounds like mine. I just cannot believe that this is a 'normal' condition in these vehicles. Looks like I should provide VW with the experience and push for a resolution. "Good luck", says you. LOL

0 0 0

6. Re: 2011 Jetta demo 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just a final update to this story !

I have persuaded the dealer to work over the gearshift cabling which has been done twice as per the excellent YouTube demo <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp9ggefOjAE>. The vehicle now has a 90% success rate in smooth changes and I have discovered that the clutch is hydraulically driven !

The Customer Service at Volkswagen UK (Sheffield office), (Jenny Boyd) has been absolutely first class in supporting my requests above and contacted me so many times by phone that I asked her if I was on her speed-dial.

0 0 0