Notices

User Tag List

Thread: AMI leads - if you're buying one - make sure you get the one with a red collar

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
  1. AMI leads - if you're buying one - make sure you get the one with a red collar 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If your buying an AMI lead or getting a new car and the dealer is throwing one in then the normal blue collar one doesn't do cover flow with all the album art/video transmission

Part 4F0051510R - £35 from a dealer has the apple chip in it and can do:

A new iPod adaptor cable with authentication from model year 2012 is now available.
    This cable supports new functions (depending on the vehicle and iPod/iPhone) including:

• Cover art: In the Tooltip and in operations (MMI3G+ only), the cover art of the currently played title will be displayed
    • Browsing video content of the iPod/iPhone: Through the authentication (licence chip) the extended data of the iPod will be unblocked and the video platform of the browser will be available
    • Video, films, video-podcasts, music videos: You can view video files when the vehicle is stopped or on rear-seat entertainment packages
    and typically I found this out after my dealer threw in the combined lead pack - whilst its nice to have a usb lead as well to load the jukebox it means I can't do any of the above yet.....if you don't care about the album art work I'll probably have a lead for sale shortly.......
    A6 SE 3.0 TDI quattro, S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, Valcona leather, Ambient lighting, BOSE, 20" 5-Arm rotor alloys, Front heated seats, LED headlights, Night vision, Sports differential, Sports steering wheel, Sports suspension, Comfort package, Technology pack - Advanced, Storage pack

0 0 0

2. Re: AMI Leads - if your buying one - make sure you get the one with a Red collar 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a MY 2011 car with the basic SD nbased Nav and recently had the MMI software upgraded (for a Sat Nav problem). Just picked up one of these AMI iPod adaptors and now I can see my album artwork :-)

0 0 0

3. Re: AMI Leads - if your buying one - make sure you get the one with a Red collar 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for this tip - just picked up my new car and mine is the old type - no album artwork!!

Going to get it replaced.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No worries

If yours is new MMI should be up to date to run it without a software upgrade

Aid

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?tcczrp
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 SE 3.0 TDI quattro, S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, Valcona leather, Ambient lighting, BOSE, 20" 5-Arm rotor alloys, Front heated seats, LED headlights, Night vision, Sports differential, Sports steering wheel, Sports suspension, Comfort package, Technology pack - Advanced, Storage pack

0 0 0

5. Re: AMI Leads - if your buying one - make sure you get the one with a Red collar 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They have already acknowledged that I have the wrong lead and have placed one on order - thanks again.

0 0 0

6. Re: AMI Leads - if your buying one - make sure you get the one with a Red collar 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh Bugger!!!

Just got the Blue Collar lead having initially purchased the wrong Black Collar lead for my 2009 MMI 3G system. It now works :-)

The cars back in the dealers on Wednesday for an MMI software update due to Telephone Directory issues. Are we saying that if I get the Red Collar lead I will then be able to view album artwork similar to overflow on my Mac?

If this is the car then I need to lay down! :-)
    In the land of the blind the one eye'd man is king

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=21

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think so as I think the C6 facelift 2009 plate will have mmi3g and think the C7 2011 plate onwards have mmi3g+

I had a blue collar lead on an 2009 plate but only had the basic visual interface similar to the black lead I had on a 2007 plate interface.

I think the Coverflow and cover art is mmi3g+ only which would be an C7 2011 plate with an mmi update or a 2012 plate onwards......

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right pictures below from a C7 with MMI High - these are from jukebox - iPhone / iPod should work same way - think if you have a grey box on top right hand side where the album artwork goes then it might work - if I plug my iPhone in (blue collar lead) it looks identical but grey box instead of album cover and no Coverflow option - if it's the older scroll up and down interface then don't think it will work

Attached Images

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Below is from an A7 thread regarding iPhones - however would have thought it would be applicable given the similarities

Thanks a8 tech

Quote Originally Posted by a8 tech View Post
    So if your sw version is k0485_18 this should function if below book your vehicles into your dealers for the update
    Also this update allows the cover art and video for iPhone 4 etc using the revised ami lead

Sent from my iPhone using
    My fat fingers

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vx3ze2

0 0 0

10. Re: AMI Leads - if your buying one - make sure you get the one with a Red collar 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks BigAid

How do I find out what my 'sw version' is?
    In the land of the blind the one eye'd man is king

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=21

0 0 0

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast