Notices

User Tag List

Thread: AMI leads - if you're buying one - make sure you get the one with a red collar

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
  1. Re: AMI Leads - if your buying one - make sure you get the one with a Red collar 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello
    i have an 2008b8 a4. Can you point me to the right lead please

thanks 🙏

0 0 0

2. Re: AMI Leads - if your buying one - make sure you get the one with a Red collar 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woc2002 View Post
    Hello
    i have an 2008b8 a4. Can you point me to the right lead please

thanks 
    I think with a 2008 car you can only use the Blue Collar lead for 30 pin connector iDevice. If you have a later device with the Lightening connector then the Lightening lead may work but you should try before you buy. Failing that use an official Apple Lightening to 30 pin adaptor

1 0 0

3. Re: AMI Leads - if your buying one - make sure you get the one with a Red collar 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Many thanks

i will look out for a blue lead and as it's an iphone 6. The lightening connector

appreciate your reply

0 0 0

4. Re: AMI leads - if you're buying one - make sure you get the one with a red collar 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, please forgive the intrusion on this thread, I am hoping for some advice that hasn't become immediately obvious with a quick scan of the thread. I understand you're all talking about more modern Audis - however I was hoping you guys could help me with my 2010 A6 4F - It has a 3G High MMI system [I think] it has an HDD driven navigation system with DVD player and SD card readers in the glovebox and an AMI connection with 30pin iPod connection cable also located in the glovebox [which I use with an ageing iPod at present]. I would love to be able to connect my iPhone [with lightning adaptor] is this possible? also in an ideal world I'd like to pass video content from my phone through to the MMI screen [when parked of course] however I am not sure if this is at all possible - I have a sneaky feeling the port is audio only but please educate me folks. I have tried multiple video encodes on the SD cards but this too looks like it is Audio only! I know that having the luxury of a DVD player I shouldn't complain, however sadly thats only for properly formatted DVD's and is quite picky over which discs it will play... the iPhone through the AMI port would be so much easier. Apologies for the rambling, hopefully you can understand my frustration and confusion so any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks

0 0 0

5. Re: AMI leads - if you're buying one - make sure you get the one with a red collar 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The later AMI cables in this thread might work. But you will probably need an MMI firmware update.

0 0 0

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415