Quote Originally Posted by steve67 View Post
hi, my 2012 golf has been back twice for poor mpg, but nothing found, i get way below quoted figure..
all was fine until i filled up at Morrison's , since then its never returned to what i was getting, saying that most of our driving is in and around town, just got told by vw , these engines are sensitive to the weather temp
It's worth checking that the brakes aren't sticking on. Chock the front wheels and jack up the rear wheels one at a time. They should turn freely, albeit with a little rubbing noise. (Obviously with handbrake off.......) The rear discs in particular tend to accumulate rust around their periphery which then works its way over the surface. If they are rubbing, a good mechanic should be able to chip the rust off, which is cheaper than new discs and pads. The pads also tend to stick in the calipers - about 3 years old is often when these little games start. Front discs are more tricky to check. Any friendly garages nearby who could check them out for you? Ironically, powerful cars with effective disc brakes are often prone to such problems when driven gently. That's life!