1. A4 Avant boot mat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I picked up my new Avant a few weeks ago and it came with the reversible load mat in the photos. One side is the same carpet as the boot and the other is plastic non-slip. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to fit very well. When folded it just about fits in the boot with the seats up. I tried it recently when the seats were down and this is how it ended up. I may be completely thick, however it seems like it should be in a different car (like a Skoda Superb with a long narrow boot?). Has anybody cleverer than me got this and worked out how to use it?? Thanks!
    Attached Images

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 Avant boot mat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've got the same mat and have no issues with it. I'm glad they did it they way they have as I've also got the load rail option hence the flaps to cover the full width only get deployed when I need them. A wider mat would cause me issues but I can see how it may seem a bit narrow if you don't have the rails.

I had these pics already I have it normally carpet side up and so that if needed I can just flip the bumper cover out.

IMG_0707%20%5B800x600%5D%20%5B640x480%5D.jpg IMG_0704%20%5B800x600%5D%20%5B640x480%5D.jpg

I think I've only ever used it with the wipe clean side upwards and that was when I had to get rid of an old dishwasher :

Image018%20%5B800x600%5D%20%5B640x480%5D.jpg

I've not had any issues so I'm struggling to understand the problem you're having.

p.s. The cars are different colours in the pics as I've had two
    MY2010 A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI quattro S-line Exec - Aruba Blue, 19" alloys, Full Leather, B & O, 3G Tech Pack, Adaptive Lights, Dynamic Susp, Folding Mirrors, Power tailgate, Storage/Light Packs, Parking Plus, Heated Seats, Rear Blinds, Load Rails, Privacy Glass, Rear Airbags, TPMS, Load Liner

Gone : 09 A4 Avant, B6 S4, TT, Golf GTi...and the rest are embarassing!

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 Avant boot mat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Um..I don't suppose they do one of those mats for the Saloon? I have female members of my family that like to scrape their bag/shopping bags against the bottom..and it makes me cringe every time they unload the car...

-Andrew
    1994 VW Polo 1.4L (Scrapped)
    1998 VW Polo 1.4L - Somewhere Out there...
    2004 Audi A4 1.9TD 130bhp <--Gone but not forgotten!
    2011 Audi A4 3.0 V6 TDi 240bhp - Moved on, but still going
    2017 Audi S3 2.0 TFSI 310bhp

0 0 0

4. Re: A4 Avant boot mat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theskyfox View Post
    Um..I don't suppose they do one of those mats for the Saloon? I have female members of my family that like to scrape their bag/shopping bags against the bottom..and it makes me cringe every time they unload the car...

-Andrew
    Fraid not, but you can get some clear film to put on top of bumper to protect from minor scratches or alternatively have a look at www.rearguards.co.uk. I have a rearguard on my avant, an essential with two hyperactive cocker spaniels leaping in and out!

0 0 0

5. Re: A4 Avant boot mat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a non slip mat in mine which is folded near the boot entrance (avant), I simply unfold that section when I'm loading/unloading anything that is likely to scratch etc.

0 0 0

6. Re: A4 Avant boot mat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Scotty for your reply and the pics. I can now see that the mats are definitely designed for the load rail system as it looks much tidier. The other reason why I mentioned the fitting problem is the huge and unsightly overhang of the mat when the seats are down and it's fully extended (Can just be seen in my pics beneath the front seat headrests). Maybe I should fold it under the seat back - but it just doesn't seem right and seems too long??

0 0 0

7. Re: A4 Avant boot mat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've not deployed mine with the seats down for a while. With the safety net in place I think it goes go up a bit to protect the net and seats but the cargo. If it wasn't for the pushchair, other boot rubbish, two kids chairs etc etc I'd do a quick test but it's not a quick thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soot1e View Post
    Fraid not, but you can get some clear film to put on top of bumper to protect from minor scratches or alternatively have a look at www.rearguards.co.uk. I have a rearguard on my avant, an essential with two hyperactive cocker spaniels leaping in and out!
    You can just see on my last pic above what I've also got on my Avant to protect the bumper. On some colour cars it wouldn't work but I'm happy with it on my blue car. Here's a better pic :

MY2010 A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI quattro S-line Exec - Aruba Blue, 19" alloys, Full Leather, B & O, 3G Tech Pack, Adaptive Lights, Dynamic Susp, Folding Mirrors, Power tailgate, Storage/Light Packs, Parking Plus, Heated Seats, Rear Blinds, Load Rails, Privacy Glass, Rear Airbags, TPMS, Load Liner

Gone : 09 A4 Avant, B6 S4, TT, Golf GTi...and the rest are embarassing!

1 0 0

8. Re: A4 Avant boot mat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyUK View Post
    I think I've only ever used it with the wipe clean side upwards and that was when I had to get rid of an old dishwasher
    I managed to soak mine when it was carpet side up, but the water just runs off it when you take it out of the boot. Very neat!
    A5 (Cabriolet) 2.0 TDI 177PS S-Line - Scuba blue, Technology pack (high), B&O soundsystem, Bluetooth (low), Heated seats, Autoglym life shine.

0 0 0

9. Re: A4 Avant boot mat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If anyone is interested there is a genuine rubber mat up on eBay. Collect only in York. I have no affiliation with the seller.

I have one of these and it is great. I must say mine is far cleaner than the one on show!

here is the link. Audi A4 Avant B8 Boot Liner | eBay
    Daytona Grey S5 Sportback
    Almost all the toys!

0 0 0