1. Real world MPG 2.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi was just after some feedback on what real world MPG you guys are getting.
    I have a S line 2.0TDI fitted with the 19" upgrade alloys, around town get low 30s on a run get low 40s, best I have had so far is just over 45MPG driving from Plymouth to Stanstead, this was mainly at just below 80MPH on cruise with the last 50 miles down to 50 due to road works and 65MPH due to volume of traffic.

The car has done just over 3k miles with a long term average of 38MPG and average speed of 28MPH. I have tried the obvious, tyre pressures, there is no roof rack fitted, tried different brand fuels, running with the cruise control off or on and the different settings on the MMI but all about the same. I tend to be pretty good with what mileage I get, either matching or beating the quoted MPG on my prvious A4 B8 2.0T petrol.

I have spoken to the dealer and he will check with service and advise on Monday, was just hoping from some feedback from yourself.
    The other thing I noticed is that the fuel gauge is none linear, there seems to be about 2 thirds the range in the top half compared to the bottom half of the gauge and this is after what fuel has been used in the filler neck etc.

Any feedback greatly appreciated,

Greg.
    0 0 0

2. Re: Real world MPG 2.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would be really interested to hear about this also, just about to buy assuming some others post some reasonable MPG.
    0 0 0

3. Re: Real world MPG 2.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    vw jetta 57 plate 40,000 miles around town get 37 -39 on a run to manchester got about 47mpg as the A6 is a bigger more powerful car and such low milage sounds about right but may improve as the milage goes up, this is my first diesel car and i was disapointed with the milage thought i would get better mpg but it is mostly town driving i do
    0 0 0

4. Re: Real world MPG 2.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Car gone back to the dealers today for investigation, they admit that the MPG does seem a little low and might improve with mileage but going to run some checks.

The run from Plymouth to the dealers (about 60 miles) is mainly fast A roads 40 to 70mph only got 43MPG, on my previous A4 B8 2.0T could get the same or slightly better, will let you know the results.
    0 0 0

5. Re: Real world MPG 2.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A6 2.7tdi only just gone passed 11k and i get 34-35mpg round town and 40ish on a run and its auto. my older 57plate A6 2.7tdi would get 40ish round town and 45 mpg or more on a run but manual. on a run in my older car you could get lots more mpg if you was VERY careful. Yours sounds abit low for a 20tdi. The best diesel i had for mpg was my 54 plate mondeo 20tdci 130bhp manual which was only 3mths old when i got it and that did 49 mpg round town and 54mpg on a run doing 80-90ish
    1 0 0

6. Re: Real world MPG 2.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Just collected the car from the dealers with no faults found, checked and reset settings?? They have said the MPG will improve with miles, and have have asked me to monitor the mileage.
    Driving the car there averaged 43MPG drive back similar speeds got 44MPG so no significant improvements.

The book quotes 47.1MPG Urban, 64.2MPG Extra Urban and 57.5MPG combined.

My Previous A4 B8 2.0TFSI quoted figures was obtainable, I cant see the engine loosening up enough to give anywhere near the book figures, and I am sure was getting better mileage when I fist had the car.

Would appreciate any other figures from similarly specified C7s, would anyone recommend me contacting Audi UK direct to get some feedback from them?
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Only got 700 miles on the clock but on a run to work and back with economical right foot I get 40mpg fairly easily. Mixed between A road and motorway, with some stop starting due to commuting traffic. Average at the moment though is 36 mpg.
    1 0 0

8. Re: Real world MPG 2.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Dont panic to much yet chaps.

The 2.0tdi is a very tight engine indeed. My B8 Multironic was dyer when new but has improved at 10, 20 and 30k. Round town 40ish and a run will see 50+ more often than not.

Ta
    Pitch
    HIS - XC90 D5 R Design (sorry, had to be done)
    TOY - 2001 Westfield 2.1 SEW,172bhp SOLD TO MY BROTHER, I needed a PANERAI.
    HERS - 'R' New 7spd DSG and 310 rampant ones. 4.2 off the mark will do nicely
    1 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Let's hope eh :-)
    0 0 0

10. Re: Real world MPG 2.0TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Are these MPG numbers taken off the fuel computer? I'm not sure that the one on my A6 is that accurate and is a bit optimistic - don't know how much this varies from car to car. I use figures from tankful-to-tankful fillups. I've now done a bit over 2K miles in my 3.0TDI Quattro and averaged about 40-41MPG from new. Mostly motorway cruising to date, though, although I get the impression that its consumption is better in all conditions than the previous model (same basic spec). Admittedly it spends most of its time in "E" mode with occasional use of paddles to give an overtaking burst.
    1 0 0

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast