Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!!

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I did not know recall notices expire, I am not sure that is legal.

Have a look on the boot floor around the spare wheel well and in the back of the service book for a sticker saying 23H9.

To start with, you need to check the injector part numbers to see if they are 03G 130 073 D or M.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6886 View Post
    I called them on my lunch, they said there is no outstanding recalls on my car and that the campaign has now finished which is why it is showing as nothing outstanding.

I obviously have the letter stating that there could be an issue with my car but they won't check it as they said all the faulty ones are now fixed.

I see over the page someone managed to get theirs looked at and fixed near the end of 2015 so was just wondering how they went about it.
    I got mine done just last year mate.
    Was processed via my local dealer in Northampton.
    Don't call them as those guys don't have access to whole of their system, make that extra mile and just drive to your nearest VW dealer and speak to them mate.
    I went there, told them I just got a car and that injector has failed and they booked it for next day service (Washed and vacuumed for free as well )

PM me if you have any more questions mate but I'm sure it'll all work out if you just pop to their shop itself instead of calling them.

Also might check injector part number as suggested by Crasher.

0 0 0

3. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well that's what I've been told by a VW dealer, VW customer services and a lad I know, knows an Audi tech and he said the recall expired on Dec 2015...

I take it the 23h9 is to say if the recall has been done or not?

And if the injectors end in D they are the dodgy ones?

I don't think I'll get anywhere but it's worth a try, thanks for your help so far.

0 0 0

4. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers windrop, I might have to try and take a drive up there but as I said I've been told the recall expired at the end of last year which if it is the case would explain why you got yours done.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has had theirs looked at this year.

0 0 0

5. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Update, checked the injectors and the part number is 03G 130 073 M which is part of the bad batch.

Not sure where that leaves me, as I know they should have been replaced but due to my own **** up I've been left with these in and VW don't even seem to acknowledge the issue when I speak to them it's as if it's a totally new thing.

0 0 0

6. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6886 View Post
    Update, checked the injectors and the part number is 03G 130 073 M which is part of the bad batch.

Not sure where that leaves me, as I know they should have been replaced but due to my own **** up I've been left with these in and VW don't even seem to acknowledge the issue when I speak to them it's as if it's a totally new thing.
    Is information about expiration anywhere on their website?
    As far as I know recalls cannot expire.
    If car manufacturer has announced a recall then it is against the law to deny owner of the vehicle to replace the part free of charge.

One thing though, not sure whether I'm just blind or information isn't on this website but I cannot seem to find recall here: DVSA - Vehicle Recalls

Surely it has to be there?

I think you should call them and ask for advice. Surely you can get VW to replace faulty injectors. Get DVSA phone number here: DVSA - Vehicle Recalls

hope this helps.

0 0 0

7. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just to update this in case anyone else finds themselves in my position.

Did a bit of research and the AA website had some good quotes basically stating that they couldn't take back the recall

Safety recalls code of practice | AA

after three weeks in touch with VW customer services, using the info we had found on here and various other places they have authorised the recall and replacement all free of charge. So pretty pleased with the result, cheers to the chaps who helped on here and all the information in this thread. Was a massive help.

0 2 0

8. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Joe could you please help me with this in who I need to contact and what I need to do as my car cut out on me and it's down to the cylinder 2 injector short to ground and I have the 03g130073d injectors in mine also

0 0 0

9. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WinDrop View Post
    Is information about expiration anywhere on their website?
    As far as I know recalls cannot expire.
    If car manufacturer has announced a recall then it is against the law to deny owner of the vehicle to replace the part free of charge.

One thing though, not sure whether I'm just blind or information isn't on this website but I cannot seem to find recall here: DVSA - Vehicle Recalls

Surely it has to be there?

I think you should call them and ask for advice. Surely you can get VW to replace faulty injectors. Get DVSA phone number here: DVSA - Vehicle Recalls

hope this helps.
    DVSA site only lists the recalls affecting safety
    **SOLD** '06 B6 Passat 2L tFSI SEL 3c5, 232 bhp, Geba metal water pump, GlowShift boost & oil pressure gauges, paddles, powder-coated black Chicago rims yellow calipers, JVC KW NX7000/E sat nav DAB BT Ripspeed sub reverse cam, hi-line MFD, MFSW, Skyline tails, Laminex fogs, LEDs, indicator DRLs, Philips X-tremeVision heads, PowerFlow chrome exhaust, tints to rear, vanity VRM, TPMS, power-fold dimming mirrors, brolly

0 0 0

10. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My 2012 VW caddy has been affected by this, I've seen mixed reports if it is covered for this vehicle, and even if the recall can still be used as a reason. VW obviously deny all existence of the previous recall, my understanding is it ended in Dec 2015. I have paid £600 for VW to fix it already, they originally quoted £800 for one bloody injector, daylight robbery.

Anyway I'd be interested in hearing how people went about getting it refunded, after the recall has ended. Did you have to go to the Small Claims Court?

I have spoken to VOSA/DVSA about it as they ruled on the same fault but with AUDI a few years ago. The difficult part is getting VW to admit (if it is even the case) that this recall did affect the vehicle but no longer does. VW are saying basically it never has, but the lady I spoke to seemed really incompetent so will try again later. Anyone got any information?

7ME10RtG.jpg

0 0 0

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast