Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I also had a campaign letter a week before Christmas. One injector managed to fail on the M5 before the replacement work was booked. The RAC technician who towed me off the M5 told me what the fault was before he plugged in the laptop. He has been called to so many of them! It frightened the driver of the car behind me ( sorry, I did not have much time to react). The symptoms were a sudden complete loss of power and the glow plug warning light illuminated. I declutched and got the to hard shoulder as fast as I could!
    My opinion is that VW were forced into the campaign due to the the fault as the VW reputation has suffered and also it is a safety related fault and if they do not "voluntarily" rectify the cars there would be a mandated recall forced by the UK transport authorities.
    All manufactureres want to avoid the recall route. It is very bad PR.
    The campaign is very late coming but I am pleased that the injectors on my car have been changed and I should now be OK.

0 0 0

2. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I have to say that if I had purchased something from a company, fitted it to my own hard work and that part had failed making me look bad, I would be very very unhappy. VAG, stop buying parts from Siemens!
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone out there has actually received a campaign recall letter for 2006 BKP engined Passat's? Seems to have been a batch of letters issued two weeks ago but I've not heard anything since then - this included my old man who's got a 56 plate SEL which I believe has the BMR engine.

I suppose I could just walk round the corner to my local VW dealers to find out?

Cheers folks,

Scottie.

2007 VW Touran Sport 2.0 TDI
    Pumpkin Android headunit

1990 Mk2 Golf Driver 1.6, 1999 Passat SE 1.9 TDI, 2006 Passat Sport 2.0 TDI and 2012 Passat Est Sport 2.0 TDI - all gone but not forgotten.

0 0 0

4. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Having just bought my 57 Plate TDI Sport 170 i had no idea whether i would get a letter or not so just trundled down to my local VW dealership and asked them whether my beastie was subject to the recall and it was so, will be booking it in next year to get checked out. So worth just going down or ringing them up.
    If it ain't broke leave it alone!!!

0 0 0

5. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzerdriver View Post
    Having just bought my 57 Plate TDI Sport 170 i had no idea whether i would get a letter or not so just trundled down to my local VW dealership and asked them whether my beastie was subject to the recall and it was so, will be booking it in next year to get checked out. So worth just going down or ringing them up.
    Bought my 55 Plate 140 brake Est in March with 110000 mls had no problems with injectors got recall letter, booked car in at Lookers Blackburn, got 4 injectors replaced FOC, well done VW. Car collected repaired valeted inside and out checked over returned on same day. No complaints from me, just watch out for them trying to bag extra payed work that you could get done cheaper at your local garage.

0 0 0

6. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Phone call today from my dealership to advise me of the recall. They must have forgoten they did them at the end of June. when I posted on here that VW reinbursed me in full.

You never know they may do them again. Will get them to check they did them with the updated part.

0 0 0

7. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You don't have to wait for a letter from VW. I rang my local dealer and he checked the VW data base, apparently there are 78000 cars affected, mine was on it, 2007 2.0TDI BKP. That was on 29/12/11, all done today, 4/1/12. It only took them about 3 hours from me dropping the car off to them ringing and saying it's ready to pick up. They changed all 4. Well chuffed.

0 0 0

8. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!!

Yeah all done- injectors and loom and a courtesy car to use . Thank you VW--but then..........."safety check sir, we found a driveshaft gaiter is leaking and will cost an eyeball to replace" oh nothing is ever as it seems so bought part whilst in dealer and friendly indy garage fitting for £60 instead of £169 next week. Suppose we have to take the rough with the smooth.

0 0 0

9. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rang Vw UK this morning 0800 333 666 mines on the list told me to book it in. Also advised if you have had to replace them before now to ring Vw customer care 0800 083 3914 who will open up a case.

1 0 0

10. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Update from me on my recall. Got a call from VW UK on thursday last week saying they had received all my receipts and letter asking for reimbursement. The lady then said ' I see the car broke down on you twice and needed to be recovered, were there any other costs incurred that you would like us to pay for you i.e recovery, hotel costs etc?'

Nice touch, but I already had AA cover so no extra costs for me. She then said my claim was being processed and someone would ring when cheque was ready to sent.

About an hour later another lady rings up and says 'everything checks out (part numbers used etc) and I am approving your claim for full reimbursement. I will call you again when cheque comes back from accounts department and is ready to be posted'

Another thing she said was that since August, October, November 2010 when all my injectors were replaced, the part numbers have changed on what is being fitted now. She said to book it in with local VW dealer to check if what I have fitted is ok, if not they will all get changed again free of charge.

Good luck to everyone who has had theirs done at own cost, don't worry though as VW will do anything to save their reputation over this so you will get your dosh back.
    2.0 TDi Sport Estate, Stage 1 Re-map to 180bhp, RNS 510 Touchscreen Sat Nav + CD Changer, Chrome Grill, Cruise, Parking Sensors

0 0 0

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast