Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!!

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
  1. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonr View Post
    Does this recall apply to my car?
    No the BKD was never subject to this action, the only Golf 5 engine included was the 170PS BMN.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr View Post
    do you think I should be able to get done by VW at their cost?
    A set of exchange VW injectors is £2519.89 in parts and the official time is 220 time units to remove and replace plus another hour or so to set them up so you are looking at a retail value of around £3000, somehow I think you may be expecting a little too much to get warranty of what must be at least a 10 year old car...

Has the fuel filter canister been checked for engine oil contamination?

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi,

I just got this problem with the injectors too on a 2006 passat. It will not start and I believe its the injector problem as videos I have seen are all similar. I called vw and they have told me to go to a local dealer and get diagnostics for over £100 and then they can decide. How do I go about this.

0 0 0

3. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedski View Post
    A week ago my car came to a halt while driving and after having it checked by an independent mechanic I've been told that my no. 2 injector has failed.

I have checked everything and my car fits the bill- BKP engine code, injectors serial number is 03G 130 073D.

I have just spoken to VW who took my reg number and have told me that my car hasn't been part of a "recall" and wasn't affected by any issues, which I am arguing. They have told me to book it in to VW for a diagnostic test (£115 per hour) and I have to get it trailored there myself (probably another £50) but they cannot say whether it will be done by goodwill or not.

I'm not really sure what to do here- I can't keep shelling out money for diagnostics, trailors etc only to be lumped with another massive repair bill from VW if they won't do it for free.

I have found this: Vehicle manufacturers' non-code actions, January 2008 to December 2012 - GOV.UK

The attached PDF states:

What will happen during a non-code action?
    The process is broadly the same as a safety recall. The manufacturer will normally contact the DVLA to obtain data in order to write to users to inform them of the issue with their vehicle. Instructions will be contained in the letter which will advise the user of the next steps to take to rectify the issue. This should normally be free to the user

And at the bottom the fault is shown:

NCA/2011/018
    VW (Passat, Golf, Touran), Audi (A4, A3), Skoda (Octavia), Seat (Leon, Altea)
    Unavailable
    Injectors may fail

Does anyone have any advice? Has anyone had this done recently?
    Im in the same situation as you. Did you get it repaired free of charge? They told me the same things as you. I really need help in this situation. I read hundreds of pages on forums. Should I contact VOSA about this?

0 0 0

4. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Have you read the replies on page 18 of this thread? Have you got the sticker in the boot, etc.?
    2006 (Dec.) B6 2.0TDi 140 Confort | Moka anthracite nacré | CControl | Highline MFD | Chrome Grill | Meta Targa rear parking sensors | Debadged
    1996 Laguna 2.2D
    1977 MGB roadster

0 0 0

5. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dez381 View Post
    Im in the same situation as you. Did you get it repaired free of charge? They told me the same things as you. I really need help in this situation. I read hundreds of pages on forums. Should I contact VOSA about this?
    I would love to tell you that both VW and VOSA were extremely helpful in my situation and that I was happy with the conclusion, but unfortunately I ended up spending ~£1000 getting it fixed (transport to VW, diagnostics, injector loom and injector) as well as waiting about 4 weeks for the loom to arrive from Germany. VW simply would not accept liability and repeatedly told me my car was not on the "the list" of chassis numbers that were affected.

I spoke to VOSA about my concerns regarding the safety aspect and the potential for this to happen while on the motorway with a truck behind me, their response was along the lines of "even when the engine, brakes and steering cut out, at high speeds the steering will be light enough to move over to the hard shoulder, you will have about 5 pumps of the brakes remaining to slow down, and if the vehicles behind you are following the highway code they will have enough time to move out of the way once they see what is happening". It basically sounded like VW gave them a script for this eventuality, I actually could not believe the response!

0 0 0

6. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I would love to tell you that both VW and VOSA were extremely helpful in my situation and that I was happy with the conclusion, but unfortunately I ended up spending ~£1000 getting it fixed (transport to VW, diagnostics, injector loom and injector) as well as waiting about 4 weeks for the loom to arrive from Germany. VW simply would not accept liability and repeatedly told me my car was not on the "the list" of chassis numbers that were affected.

I spoke to VOSA about my concerns regarding the safety aspect and the potential for this to happen while on the motorway with a truck behind me, their response was along the lines of "even when the engine, brakes and steering cut out, at high speeds the steering will be light enough to move over to the hard shoulder, you will have about 5 pumps of the brakes remaining to slow down, and if the vehicles behind you are following the highway code they will have enough time to move out of the way once they see what is happening". It basically sounded like VW gave them a script for this eventuality, I actually could not believe the response!

Thanks for your response.

Is the "list of chasis numbers" an excuse or was yours not those with the faulty injectors? Mine is a 55 plate B6 Passat. How do I check exactly if mine is the faulty batch?

Do you believe I have any chance of gettng it done by VW? I have seen people get letters from VOSA saying VW should contact them. Do you have any advice for me after you going through the process already.

Thanks

0 0 0

7. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quatrelle View Post
    Have you read the replies on page 18 of this thread? Have you got the sticker in the boot, etc.?
    I haven't checked yet, but I am going to. Is the sticker to check if it has been done already?

0 0 0

8. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Lift the carpet and look on the boot floor beside the spare wheel well (or it might be in the the service book - if you've got one) for a sticker with the code 23H9.

If it's there then yes it's been done.

It really is worth reading back over some of the previous pages. VOSA is useless, Nedski has it spot on
    2006 (Dec.) B6 2.0TDi 140 Confort | Moka anthracite nacré | CControl | Highline MFD | Chrome Grill | Meta Targa rear parking sensors | Debadged
    1996 Laguna 2.2D
    1977 MGB roadster

0 0 0

9. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    From my service book it says

103kw TDI SG6 BKP and a bunch of other numbers

Also I got a warranty recall paper that states "we have carried out recall 20M5 as per manufacturers intrsuctions" dated 16th june 2008.

Is there any way I can start the engine if I push the car so I can take it to a garage?

0 0 0

10. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

After checking through my service booklet, it seems they did replace the x4 injectors and the wiring loom. Could this be good or bad news? I have read several times that it goes faulty again even after its changed by VW. Is that there responsibility as they have not properly fixed the problem?

0 0 0

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast