Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!!

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spunko2010 View Post
    My 2012 VW caddy has been affected by this,
    Wrong engine type, yours is Common Rail, the engine this thread is concerned with is the PD (pump injector) design, totally different.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Wrong engine type, yours is Common Rail, the engine this thread is concerned with is the PD (pump injector) design, totally different.
    OK, thanks. I'd be interested in seeing if anyone else has this issue that I'm having, according to Google there are quite a few of us. I've spoken with VOSA/DVSA but they said there needs to be lots of reports of it.

Mine failed at 62k miles, which I suppose isn't too bad, but the high cost of fixing is really unfair.

0 0 0

3. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    I had to do an injector on my friends 2012 1.6 caddy a few months ago, we had to do the EGR cooler just before that and he was getting worried about the other three injectors so he bought a brand new Caddy.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have injector failed but part number is - 03G 130 073 S

I'm assuming that doesn't not qualify - even though Car Engine Code is BK9

0 0 0

5. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    BK9, you mean BKP. I think the "Campaign" has ended

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    A week ago my car came to a halt while driving and after having it checked by an independent mechanic I've been told that my no. 2 injector has failed.

I have checked everything and my car fits the bill- BKP engine code, injectors serial number is 03G 130 073D.

I have just spoken to VW who took my reg number and have told me that my car hasn't been part of a "recall" and wasn't affected by any issues, which I am arguing. They have told me to book it in to VW for a diagnostic test (£115 per hour) and I have to get it trailored there myself (probably another £50) but they cannot say whether it will be done by goodwill or not.

I'm not really sure what to do here- I can't keep shelling out money for diagnostics, trailors etc only to be lumped with another massive repair bill from VW if they won't do it for free.

I have found this: Vehicle manufacturers' non-code actions, January 2008 to December 2012 - GOV.UK

The attached PDF states:

What will happen during a non-code action?
    The process is broadly the same as a safety recall. The manufacturer will normally contact the DVLA to obtain data in order to write to users to inform them of the issue with their vehicle. Instructions will be contained in the letter which will advise the user of the next steps to take to rectify the issue. This should normally be free to the user

And at the bottom the fault is shown:

NCA/2011/018
    VW (Passat, Golf, Touran), Audi (A4, A3), Skoda (Octavia), Seat (Leon, Altea)
    Unavailable
    Injectors may fail

Does anyone have any advice? Has anyone had this done recently?

0 0 0

7. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    As I have been pointing out for the last 6 years from post #9, it is not a recall but a "Campaign", this has now ended and the person(s) to blame are the previous owner(s) of the car who ignored the letter that all registered owners were sent at the time.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    In addition to Crasher's reply, have you checked in the boot for the sticker showing that the injectors have been replaced?

Might be worth a look before attempting to take it further, just in case they have already been done.
    2006 (Dec.) B6 2.0TDi 140 Confort | Moka anthracite nacré | CControl | Highline MFD | Chrome Grill | Meta Targa rear parking sensors | Debadged
    1996 Laguna 2.2D
    1977 MGB roadster

0 0 0

9. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    VWUK (yes, them again) may have ended their "Campaign". That doesn't change the fact that the car was supplied with faulty injectors that VW have admitted to. That the OP's car is still fitted with the original Bosch ones means that it was supplied with the duff ones. And need to be changed out FOC

This has been posted in here before but here's a summary. Unlike VWoA that publishes all their campaigns and updates, we're not "allowed" to know precisely what's in their recall notice / TPI / campaign / whatever they like to call it:

Passat's Injector Recall -- TPI
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This is a brief précis of the VW UK Service Action 23H9 regarding Piezo pump injectors.

The repair instructions are contained in Technical Product Information (TPI) transaction number 2027647

This applies to 2.0TDI PD Golf, Passat, and Touran with PD Piezo Injectors

There are approximately 78,800 (model years 2006 – 2010) affected vehicles in the UK.

Owners will receive communications from Volkswagen UK on a phased basis.

The following vehicles with the engine codes listed are affected:
    Passat 3C 2006-2008 with the BKP, BVE, BMA, BWV, BMR, and BUZ engines
    Golf 5 2006-2009 with the BMN engine
    Touran 2006-2010 with the BMN engine

Technical background

On some vehicles with the 2.0l TDI engine, deposits can settle on the Piezo pump injector elements because of dirty engine oil. This can lead to running problems. Not all vehicles are affected by this campaign! On the affected vehicles the Piezo pump injector elements must be checked and if necessary replaced. Please make sure that on the affected vehicle the check and repair of all open campaigns/measures are performed during the workshop visit.

Parts to be fitted as part of this campaign:
    1x Campaign 23H9 sticker 000 010 006.
    1x Wiring loom adapter 03G 971 033 M.
    4x Adjustment screw WHT 000 530.
    5x M8x58 socket head bolt N 105 811 01.
    8x M6x88 socket head bolt 03G 103 385 A.
    4x Pump injectors (now updated to) 03G 130 073 SX.

If the vehicle is listed in the system as not completed, check whether a campaign sticker with the entry "23H9 date/stamp" is attached in the spare wheel well area (next to data sticker):If the campaign sticker is attached, the campaign has already been performed. Make the entry “23H9 date/stamp” in the service schedule under “Space for workshop entries”.

If the campaign sticker with entry "23H9" is not fitted, carry out the work according to the repair instructions.

Identifying the potentially faulty injectors.
    Remove cam cover and check the part number –see arrow- on the pump injector element. All pump injector elements with the part number 03G 130 073 D or 03G 130 073 M must be replaced. All other pump injector elements are correct and must not be replaced.
    Last edited by RichardSEL; 28-02-2017 at 09:40 AM. Reason: ~
    **SOLD** '06 B6 Passat 2L tFSI SEL 3c5, 232 bhp, Geba metal water pump, GlowShift boost & oil pressure gauges, paddles, powder-coated black Chicago rims yellow calipers, JVC KW NX7000/E sat nav DAB BT Ripspeed sub reverse cam, hi-line MFD, MFSW, Skyline tails, Laminex fogs, LEDs, indicator DRLs, Philips X-tremeVision heads, PowerFlow chrome exhaust, tints to rear, vanity VRM, TPMS, power-fold dimming mirrors, brolly

1 0 0

10. Re: Injector recall - yes this is really happening at last!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello

I have bought a 2008
    VW Golf 2.0 TDI 140 (I think BKD engine) and it has a judder when accelerating between 1500-2500 rpm, which gets really bad in higher gears. Several garages (including a VW one) have said it is DMF or injectors. I have tried new DMF and new injector wiring loom, but having spotted this thread, I am wondering if it could be the injectors? No diagnostic codes show up at the moment.

Does this recall apply to my car? and do you think I should be able to get done by VW at their cost?

Other things I have tried include:
    1. Rebalanced wheels and 2 new front tyres.
    2. Engine mounts checked.
    3. Drive shafts checked for true running, gators removed and regreased.
    4. New head gasket with new cam belt and water pump.

The car has a full service history with fuel filter being changed every 2 years.

This has cost me over £2000 so far and the judder persists. The car is only worth about £3500, so any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

0 0 0

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast