Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello

2001 VW bora 1.8 tdi 51 plate, My key fob stopped working so I changed the battery, This worked and everything was good for about a week then stopped working, checked the manual did what it told me to do in order to reconfig my alarm with my key ( I dont have a spare key so had to use the little plastic key to switch ignition on while main key was in door lock ) No joy, A couple friends who are mechanics had a quick look at it still no joy so we just locked unlocked car manually for couple weeks till we could sort a time out to go to vw garage, but then the alarm started going off all the time till eventually I had to disconnect the battery , So The vw garage tried to reconfig the alarm an key but no joy, ordered new key then went back 2 days later when the new key arrived, alarm constantly going off, still no joy the vw garage couldnt config new key or old key with alarm, say they need car 2 days to set up on diagnostics machine but couldnt get a courtesy car for 15 days, Asked if they could disable the alarm or siren till then said they couldnt do anything till it came back in, therefore alarm would go off all time for 15 days, so I called into the garage that services our Wagons to see if his diagnostics would tell us a possible answer, But although the diagnostis machine can communicate with the engine management and other stuff , When you enter or try to enter the alarm system It comes up "trying to communicate" but never goes any further so basically the alarm system is not communicating with the diagnostics and probably the key and possibly other things it normally does . Car is booked back into vw garage but another 8 days to go yet, Im no mechanic so im just after some advice to try speed things up a bit and ive now managed to get to the siren and unplug it ( very difficult ) this made the car alarm go off non stop for about 20 mins ( siren unplugged yet was loud as f__k ) then silence since, Tho not sure if the hazards keep going off an on .

P.S Im not knocking the VW Lads they doing what they can just their diaries an ours seem to clash at present, im just trying to give them advanced knowledge of the diagnostics problem and my neighbours some sleep.

Any Ideas much appreciated.

Thanks Chris

0 0 0

2. Re: VW Bora Alarm system problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If the convenience system will not communicate with the diagnostic equipment, whoever looks at it is stuffed until this is resolved. It is not common on the Golf 4 but it may have a failed convenience unit. Have you had any signs of water on the driver’s floor?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: VW Bora Alarm system problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers for reply, its mainly the girlfriend who drives this car, Im not 100% sure If its the drivers side floor or not but she has definately mentioned damp in the front of the car , and when she picked her parents up from airport not long ago , the first thing her father said when he got in car was " That he was getting water from somewhere in car, he had touched something wet while getting into the front passenger seat, although they couldnt see nothing he was sure it was around centre console area.

I will mention it to her in morning when she wakes up.

What is a convenience unit, is it bad news .

Also do you know or have you ever heard that more modern wireless networks in homes are getting stronger and stronger as technology moves forward, and they can sometimes interfere with car alarms etc etc Im not sure but someone mentioned that to me because when this problem very first started there was 3 of us all living within a maximum of 50 ft radius having some kind of alarm problem

0 0 0

4. Re: VW Bora Alarm system problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I don't know about home networks like that, I just use them. The convenience unit is under the dash on the drivers side and there is a cable conduit above this which can leak and drop water on to the conv unit.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: VW Bora Alarm system problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks again , I will do a bit investigation and ask questions tommorow and reply back here. thanks

0 0 0