Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Nevo you legend - that's another niggly little job that I needed to get done - I'll follow your guidance. I know mine is just sticking as it will occasionally not open or not shut properly

0 0 0

2. Re: Windscreen Demister Vent Actuator Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Glad to be of assistance,I wonder how many of these motors have gone in the bin but the want of a bit of grease!!!!

0 0 0

3. Re: Windscreen Demister Vent Actuator Problem 
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Yeah I've been wondering about that too. It might be funktional und perfekt in form, but execution is a bit crap in some areas - these motors being a great example. I've noted other things that just leave me a bit speechless too. Glove-box door, wiper bottle lid, plenum-chamber leaf/water store, headlight bolt locations, boot lamp lens assembly screws (and their propensity to be a right PITA to get out), front wing lining clips, undertray fragility (I realise now though my MB put METAL trays under the car as you REALLY have to belt them one to break them vs. just looking at the Audi ones in a funny way). The list probably goes on......still wouldn't swap it for anything else though - just coming up on 7yrs old, approaching 100k miles, and still a dream to drive - AND getting 46mpg! Not too shabby...

Note to self: Get undertray clips, a rear undertray, wing lining clips, sort the glovebox out, change the pollen filter and grease the wiper assembly, find a proper magnetic bolt for the rear lamp lenses, sort out the leaking wiper pipe in the boot roof, find out why the parking sensor is intermittent, check the plenum drains are clear......the list goes on.....

0 0 0

4. Re: Windscreen Demister Vent Actuator Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Nevo, really need your help if possible. I have had the same problem with my touran and had removed the glove box but cant see all of the actuators. Can you help.? I can see the actuator and mechanism which is triggered by the hot and cold and it seems to be working intermittently , either fully open or fully closed and the linkage arm seems to come off... can you help with how I get the actuator off to lubricate and how I can fix the linkage arm from coming off.. is there a supposed t be a spring clip or spring washer holding it on..?

0 0 0

5. Re: Windscreen Demister Vent Actuator Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Can't say I'm familiar with the touran set up but it shouldn't be a million miles away from the A4,the motors just unbolt by undoing the 3 small bolts,and the arms pull out and click in,what exactly is the problem demister,vents,or footwell????.
    A4 B6,A4B7Quattro,MK4 Golf,MK5Golf gone and well forgotten,MK6Golf.

0 0 0

6. Re: Windscreen Demister Vent Actuator Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Nevo thanks for reply.The problem is demisting the windscreen or should i say trying to demist screen.The blower seems to work but not much warm air coming through when the dial is fully over to 26. I decided to go with taking the glovebox off to look at the actuators and check they were working but could only find two. One for the hot n cold and the other to recirculate air flow. The circulation one seems to be working fine. Although I have some further questions about how and when that seems to activate semi auto when blowers on but car reversing and strangely when the front screen wash is used but only when the blower is on. It then deactivates when driving forward after about 30 seconds?Main problem apears to be lack of air flow and heat on windscreen even when car is running and warm

0 0 0

7. Re: Windscreen Demister Vent Actuator Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    If you're getting no air out of the demister(hot or cold)its the flap motor,on the a4 its the green lever,can you upload a photo of your arrangement.

0 0 0

8. Re: Windscreen Demister Vent Actuator Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. I ve located the actuator and flap controlled by the temp dial and although it was a little hit and miss it now seems to opening and closing the flap. I am getting air flow through the vents but not getting hot air just mildly warm. Was wondering if there were any other flaps or things I should be looking at? At 1st i thought heater matrix but The pipes that feed that seem to be getting warm , not sure how hot these should get? Any ideas on what the problem may be?

0 0 0

9. Re: Windscreen Demister Vent Actuator Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Remove the two motors for the temp and the demister and operate by hand and ensure they both operate to their full extent,if the cabin is maintaining a decent temp the matrix should be ok,these motors stick and don't travel to their full extent so its just a matter of finding the culprit.are the footwells getting hot on both sides,assuming you've got dual climate.

0 0 0

10. Re: Windscreen Demister Vent Actuator Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, I too have this windscreen flap motor issue. I've removed the motor, stripped it, cleaned it, and refitted. it is now working but constantly jumping in small jerks. There is no smooth constant motion open and closed. Even with the windscreen demister off the motor is constantly on the move. Is this a motor issue or something else??? Thanks in advance. Jon.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast