1. Google Earth Maps on MMI Nav Plus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Took me a while to get data link via Bluetooth connected to phone but finally sorted it. But a few odd things noticed. For example traffic queues and accidents on Motorways appear on the WRONG carriageway. If you switch to the Standard map the traffic queue hatched marking is on the correct lane and matches what it says in "Info". But on Google Earth map the queue is reversed onto the other lane (and if you have an active route the highlighted accident/queue icon is at the end of the problem rather than the start).

Has anyone else had this? It looks like a software glitch as clearly the sat nav is receiving the data.

PS the Google Earth is stunning - seems a bit like you are flying low over the landscape and can see all the features of the landscape!

0 0 0

2. Re: Google Earth Maps on MMI Nav Plus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Ian,

How you finding the data usage on the MMI Nav Plus ??? have you used google earth much or the online services.

Just about to pick up my A6 and not sure how to handle data as I've got an iPhone 4 which isn't compatible.... I've been told.

Darren.

0 0 0

3. Re: Google Earth Maps on MMI Nav Plus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgarside View Post
    Just about to pick up my A6 and not sure how to handle data as I've got an iPhone 4 which isn't compatible.... I've been told.
    I will be in the exact same situation in April. I thought at first I could get a PAYG sim for the dash, but I have been reading that the iPhone bluetooth link gets disconnected when the sim is inserted. If this could be overcome, I would be a happy boy!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

4. Re: Google Earth Maps on MMI Nav Plus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Well come the 3rd January I'll be able to tell you.... I'm just about to order a 3 3GB data sim card ready for collection :-)

I'm hoping it doesn't disconnect bluetooth... been watching a few online movies, and the US version of the car has a standard T-Mobile fitted sim card. From what I can tell this doesn't disconnect the bluetooth phone as it seems to be standard fit.

We'll see...

Darren.

0 0 0

5. Re: Google Earth Maps on MMI Nav Plus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgarside View Post
    Well come the 3rd January I'll be able to tell you.... I'm just about to order a 3 3GB data sim card ready for collection :-)

I'm hoping it doesn't disconnect bluetooth... been watching a few online movies, and the US version of the car has a standard T-Mobile fitted sim card. From what I can tell this doesn't disconnect the bluetooth phone as it seems to be standard fit.

We'll see...

Darren.
    It's interesting that the sim in the US doesn't disconnect the bluetooth... Hmmmm. I wonder if I should try a T-mobile sim in mine? It has to be worth a tenner to try it.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

6. Re: Google Earth Maps on MMI Nav Plus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I watched one of the videos today again from Audi of America, and it definitely shows two signals, one for bluetooth and the other for the data sim.

I'll find out for sure a week on Tuesday (3rd).

Darren.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have emailed Audi UK following similar feedback (they can't get it working either) from the dealer, but not got any reply as yet.....

Here's hoping for some kind of resolution..... :-(

1 0 0

8. Re: Google Earth Maps on MMI Nav Plus 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I asked all the same questions when I ordered, and got the reply that if the phone does not support rSAP (as the iPhone doesn't) then you are stuffed.

Either
    1. you use the iPhone only as a Bluetooth phone, and have no data services.
    2. you put a different SIM in the car slot and forward calls to your iPhone, but then outgoing calls appear to have been received from the outgoing number.
    3. you take the SIM out of the iPhone, put it in the car and switch off the iPhone.
    4. buy a new phone which does support rSAP.

A bit pants really!

The car is due for delivery in a few days, so I'll report back if any of the above is not right.

0 0 0