1. Long Lead Time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I, I mean my wife, has just driven the Q3 and thought it was a great car. Having driven the Range Rover Evoque, we felt that the Audi build was far superior and was also more refined. BUT, the lead tme for the Q3 is now 9 months. My dealership was only getting 20 units for 2012.
    Not ready to order yet but maybe early next year.
    Audi A7 3.0TDi 2011 160k miles, engine code CLAB 204bhp 2WD

0 0 0

2. Re: Long Lead Time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lead time are long - But Evoque 12 months!!!
    Current - Audi A3 Sportback 1.8T Sline
    Gone - Audi S3 Sportback Black Edition, Audi S4 Saloon,
    Why not join the Audi A3 Owners Club

0 0 0

3. Re: Long Lead Time 
    irwellman Guest
    I visited two dealerships today to order a Q3 SLine Auto TDi I was informed that if I ordered one today my delivery date would be Nov / Dec and one dealership said Jan 13
    This made it very difficult to obtain a price for a trade in ( Audi A3 Black Edition ) as they would not commit themselves due to the long lead in time.
    I was also informed that because a new A3 was due out in Sept this would also affect the price they would give to me.
    I was told this long lead in time was due to quality control issues at the Spanish ex Seat factory where german quality control were knocking back Q3s.
    Anyone else heard this?

0 0 0

4. Re: Long Lead Time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    We still have not orderred. I just can't get excited when there is no discount. I heard that the chinese market is getting all the Q3s and until the factory in Frosham, China is built early next year, shortages will remain, so I guess we will wait until next year. I am not that mean but we have 3 cars for 2 drivers, so no hurry.

0 0 0

5. Re: Long Lead Time 
    irwellman Guest
    You are quite correct about the discount there are non available thats the first thing the <removed> say to you.
    Had to order one though they look great especially with the 19 inch wheels ordered mine in Glacier White with sat nav and the usual extras,
    may change low bluetooth to high though as you can get google street view but didnt quite understand what the salesman was on a about regarding my iphone and something about the sim.
    Roll on Christmas!!

I shall remember to read https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...one-who-steals in future
    Last edited by Guest 2; 04-05-2012 at 04:52 PM.

0 0 0

6. Re: Long Lead Time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Have a look on the A6/7 forum about the Sim issues with the iPhone with Google.

Shabazmo, theres a new Q5 facelift coming out which looks good, not sure on the delivery times but IMHO its a better car than the Q3.

0 0 0

7. Re: Long Lead Time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Regarding street view with google, it is a great party piece but has no functional value. I only use it when showing off to friends. what is of great value is the search capability. you can search for anything on the web using the online google search facility and then navigate to it. But I guess you can do this on your iphone anyway.

Also I don't think iphone is compatible with some features on the AUDI, so do check before spending extra money.

0 0 0

8. Re: Long Lead Time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Chris, you are probably right, but the Q5 is a bit too big for us, but I will look at the revised Q5 as there are discounts of about 10% to be had and that brings the price down to very near the Q3.

0 0 0

9. Re: Long Lead Time 
    irwellman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shabazmo View Post
    Regarding street view with google, it is a great party piece but has no functional value. I only use it when showing off to friends. what is of great value is the search capability. you can search for anything on the web using the online google search facility and then navigate to it. But I guess you can do this on your iphone anyway.

Also I don't think iphone is compatible with some features on the AUDI, so do check before spending extra money.
    Thanks for this I was a bit let down when found out a little more about it. I had the silly impression it was live mapping as you drove along with instructions to boot.
    Ive probably been watching star trek too much!

0 0 0

10. Re: Long Lead Time 
    irwellman Guest
    Just had a call from Audi with a new delivery date for the Q3 saying September with pick up mid October Yipeeee!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast