1. New winter Tyres and Alloys 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here are some photos of my latest purchase, 18" alloys with winter tyres.

04122011144.jpg

I did get 16" but they didnt fit and had to resort to the larger wheel when replacing the standard 19" alloys that come with the Le Mans.

04122011143.jpg

They are Rial Roma's match the grey of the car, sort of. The package cost £999 and should last a few winters, hopefully.

04122011142.jpg

It also highlighted the need for new summer tyres, the rears were getting thin on tread. I guess I could spread the cost and get one tyre per month. I may even get the scuffs from kerbing fixed. (It was the wife, not me)

With regards to benefits of winter tyres, they do make a difference. I find myself trying to get some wheel spin on purpose with little or no joy. I even drove a little on the slushy bits in the middle of the road with no drama.

If it snows like last year, I wont be spending hours shoveling snow from the drive. Just start the car and go!

0 0 0

2. Re: New winter Tyres and Alloys 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've replaced my summer 265 x 35 x 19s

with a set of 225 x 50 x 17s Pirelli 224 Sottozeros. £600 for the tyres from Pneus online and £120 for alloys from PH small ads

It doesn't look too bad and as well as having better cold weather grip, the ride is so much smoother.

0 0 0

3. Re: New winter Tyres and Alloys 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice guys, Wish I had some spare cash as I just blew around £1k on a set of pirelli's all round + spare a month or two ago :S. Wish I'd have gone for Avon ZZ5's so I would have some spare to get some winters but oh well! I'll just have to be extra cautious,

0 0 0

4. Re: New winter Tyres and Alloys 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Sparky,
    My summer tyres were 255/35/19 and replaced them with 245/40/18. Winter tyres are Nankangs which are pretty good considering the name. I've also noticed a smoother/quieter ride than with the Pirrelli P zero's.

Supercharger
    After looking at the summer tyres when they came off, I will have to replace these also in a few months when the summer wheel go back on. I will look into the avons as the cost of replacing all 4 is another £800.

FYI
    Although the rear two were pirrelli's the front left was a continental, front right was something else I cant remember and the spare was a michelin. Tis was how I got the car a few months ago and nevr noticed till I changed the wheels.
    As the Michelin is still brand new, I will look into these tyres so I end up with a full set that match.

Safe driving!

0 0 0