Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Front parking sensor replacement?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Front parking sensor replacement? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All

Just had a tearfull call from the Mrs...

Her parking sensors on her '11 plate 2.0l TD went mad the other day. So she took it in to Watford Audi to take a look at... They say that there is a small dent in one of the sensors and as its not covered under warranty (external damage) they would like to charge her £300 pounds for a new one!! (£100 parts £200 labour)

I've just found one on the bay for £25inc postage new from Germany

How hard are these to fit? It looks like it has to go in from the back ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated and the Mrs can go back to planning xmas..

Rich

0 0 0

2. Re: Front parking sensor replacement? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Not changed a front one myself but have changed a rear.
    You will have to get it painted to match, to change you may have to remove the front bumper if you can't reach it.
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

1 0 0

3. Re: Front parking sensor replacement? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks kite

The colour matching shouldn't be a problem as i've a tame painter up the road from me who is very reasonable... I guess, as you say its a question of access... i'll be having a crawl under her bumper tonight (the car that is!!)

To add insult to injury when she asked for the sensor part number the cheeky git told her that it could be one of four and could only give her a hand written quote (?) I think we might be banging off a letter to head office...

Rich

0 0 0

4. Re: Front parking sensor replacement? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    if you manage to get it out without removing the bumper the part no. will be on it somewhere.
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

1 0 0

5. Re: Front parking sensor replacement? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies Kite

Bit of an update for any future readers of this thread:

Found sensors on t'bay for £20-25 The inner sensors (which this one was) are mounted in the grill either side of the number plate (factory fitted) The grill can be removed one of two ways.

Fast way, remove top plate and cover under bonnet. Look down to bottom of grill and remove two phillips screws with long screwdriver. The grill can then be pulled out if enough force is used in the right areas...It is held by clips in various places To be honest DO NOT DO THIS unless you are replacing the grill with a bling aftermarket one!

Slow way, Follow this linky :
    .ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}http://forums.fourtitude.com/showthread.php?3631873-DIY-front-bumper-removal-and-blackout-grille-install

Remove the bumper and grill as a unit and replace the sensor

In our case after all my research. Audi Watford's customer relations team called the missuss as a follow up. After she gave them an honest account they decided to authorise the replacement FOC! So, kudos to Audi Watford and does anybody want to buy a cheap sensor??

0 0 0

6. Re: Front parking sensor replacement? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd be interested in your 'cheap' front parking sensor - need a fronty inner one for a 2005 A6 saloon - the one that sits in the grille. Live in Northampton - reply to email address please.

PS
    When the new (used) sensor is installed, does the software have to be updated to activate it, or does the system sort itself out and recognise the new part and everything miraculously works again?

Cheers Steve P

0 0 0

7. Re: Front parking sensor replacement? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I did a rear on my A6 recently and it is just a straight swap out. Make sure you get the correct part number including the last letter as there are a lot with the same number but a different letter to denote which car/position. Local painter did mine for a tenner and gave me a small pot of touchup paint too.
    2013 Mk7 Golf GT 2.0tdi DSG
    2005 A3 Sportback 2.0tdi Sport DSG
    Previous:
    2006 A6 Avant 3.0tdi Quattro Le Mans
    2004 A4 Avant 3.0 (petrol) Quattro Sport

0 0 0

8. Re: Front parking sensor replacement? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Swap sensor over doesnt need any code clearing, it will show an error on a log but system will still work if sensors/modules are functioning as normal.

0 0 0

9. Re: Front parking sensor replacement? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks- but to replace the front inner sensor (in the grille panel) do I need to dismantle all the grille? Any chance i would be able to get in behind the rad to get at the back of the sensor

0 0 0

10. Re: Front parking sensor replacement? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You could probably reach down or wrangle the sensor out with some tools

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast