Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,

My 2.7 TDI is due a 60,000 mile service at the fabulously affordable cost of £417.50 . They said they would do the brake fluid for an extra £60 but I was wondering if it is worth paying extra for that? Also what does a 60,000 mile service on a 2.7 tdi comprise of and is it fair for a dealer to be charging so much? It's not that different to a 2.0 litre and they are only £199!

I would go to an independant as they can do it for around £200 but in the case that I want to sell the vehilce I am afraid it may affect the resale value :S. What should I do?

0 0 0

2. Re: Servicing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharger28 View Post
    Hello,

My 2.7 TDI is due a 60,000 mile service at the fabulously affordable cost of £417.50...

I would go to an independant as they can do it for around £200 but in the case that I want to sell the vehilce I am afraid it may affect the resale value :S. What should I do?
    There is another way of looking at it.

If you were to get the service done at an independent, a prospective buyer might think that you were an eminently sensible bloke for not having paid rather more than a hundred quid an hour to have the car serviced at the dealer, and be more inclined to buy it from you as a result.

If you were to get it done at the main dealer, that same buyer might be laughing up his sleeve at you having coughed over four hundred quid just to keep the dolly birds on reception in expensive tights and the posh coffee machine full.

0 0 0

3. Re: Servicing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone got any other reasons why I shouldn't have it done from the dealer? I was just thinking that if I have it done from them when I raise the issue of the intake manifold runner I may have more chance of getting them to cover it or atleast pay for part of it.

Thanks.

0 0 0

4. Re: Servicing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    WOnt it be better to get that issue looked at before 60k though cos normally the usual warranty lasts till 60k miles anyways. Have them see it before you get it serviced. Once its sorted just get the car serviced at independents. Check the warranty terms as I am thinking of getting my serviced at independents as I am planning to keep it for at least 5 years and i dont think getting it serviced at the main dealers or independents would make any difference to resale value after this long anyways.

Raj

0 0 0

5. Re: Servicing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think its 3yrs/60k miles. I'm at 58900 at the moment. If i try and get them to sort the issue they will probably charge me just to look at the fault where it could be done within the service... Really dunno what to do.

By the way is it simple to replace a glow plug on a 2.7 engine?

Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: Servicing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If you have the intake manifold fault and you still have warranty get it in to the dealer right now!

(Glow plug replacement isn't too tricky except that they tend to get VERY tight. Ideally you want to be paying someone to do that for you, but again I'd expect the warranty to cover it)

Whether or not you get the dealer to do a service at the same time is a rather secondary consideration.
    Golf GT 140 TDI. Mods: RNS510

0 0 0

7. Re: Servicing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I recently had my 60k service done there in September. My car was actually 3 1/2 years old at this time and Audi have different prices for older cars.

My 50k service was ~£700 due to needing brake discs.

Due another in 5000 miles and also its first MOT in January 2012 along with my extended warranty renewal and probably another set of tyres @ £1k a set

Before someone points out, I did pay the balance

0 0 0

8. Re: Servicing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As I thought the dealers did f'all . I had the car scanned with VAG-COM prior to taking it to them so that I could tell if they had put the car on the diagnostics. I was told by the dealer there were no faults and that everything was fine. I come home scan with VAG-COM again and there it is. Open circuit glow plug and intake manifold runner bank 2. Going to be on the phone to CS. I also think they wont do anything regarding the manifold flap. How much is an extended warranty by the way chris?

0 0 0

9. Re: Servicing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Print your scan out and take it in and show them with clear time and date on the printout.

I paid £734 for my Audi warranty BUT this is because its quattro. Expect to slash £100-170 off that for a non quattro 2.7. It has unlimited mileage and anytime theres a problem, straight into Audi, courtesy car (always high spec) is given and I'm sent on my way with only a invoice to sign when my car is ready. Diagnostics are also paid under warranty.

Covers everything the orginal factory warranty covers and its paid for itself already so definitely worth it in my mind.
    Ive had the intake manifold runners replaced, a glow plug, numerous rear light clusters, suspension parts, MMI faults.

Definitely be purchasing it again come renewal in January.

0 0 0

10. Re: Servicing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is that per year or one set fee? Seems steep for a year, almost like another insurance to pay ontop. Do you mind PM'ing me any relevant links? I really hope this manifold thing isnt serious or too costly. As the light has now been off for almost a month and is only in the memory if scanned using vag com and it shows as intermittent. Glow plug can be changed quite cheaply but hmm.. Many expenses may come my way if I have to end up paying for this manifold BS and I may have to end up downgrading to an A4 B8 2.0 S-line which I really don't wanna do after experiencing the spec on my 2.7 le mans.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast