Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all.
    I currently drive an 03 B5.5 1.9TDi which I love, really trouble free and a joy to drive. I need another car (as mine is mainly in Germany) to use when home and would like a B6, but have some questions before I part with any cash.

Of the diesel engines, which is the best? Is the 1.9TDi the same engine as the old PD and what sort of power are they (can only find out it's 105bhp which seems a bit low)
    What's the fuel efficiency like?
    Do they all have DPF's?
    How reliable is the injection system as many seem to have had it replaced?

Electric handbrake - is it any good or problematic?

Any other issues I should know about before buying?

Thanks for any advice.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. I bought a 2007 b6 sport 170bhp back in June. I was suspicious about all the scare stories about injectors failing etc but now love the car. Had the injectors replaced FOC by VW for peace of mind. Not experienced any other problems. All electrics work well. Great and sporty to drive. Gonna experience general wear and tear but that's with all cars. I do prefer VW over other cars but that's my own preference. All in all love it.

0 0 0

3. Re: Considering a B6 but have a few questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi gresty, how did you manage to get the injectors free of charge?

0 0 0

4. Re: Considering a B6 but have a few questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was going to ask the same thing about how you'd get the injectors changed FOC. Are there restriction VW put on this like age/mileage etc?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. Long story short, phone VW customer service, told them about my concerns about the injector failure that could possibly happen and blah blah, received a reference number And they booked it in for an injector check. Was told that if I did have the faulty part number injectors fitted I would get them replaced under a goodwill agreement, three of mine were faulty batch (one must have already failed and been renewed) so three new were fitted. Search this forum about injectors and thereis a thread with loads of advice on what to do about getting it sorted. This is the thread that will help https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ossible-recall bit of a read but worth a look.

0 0 0

6. Re: Considering a B6 but have a few questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info gresty.

0 0 0

7. Re: Considering a B6 but have a few questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    driven both the 105 and 140, 1.9tdi surprisingly lively, you notice the difference tho at lower speeds, 2.00 more torquey, its happy doing 20 in 4th gear, the 1.9 tends to labour at 30. From an economy view, not a lot of difference. I haven't owned long enough to comment about other things, but that everything is electronic drives me crazy. 1.9 is available in both but upto 07 its unlikely to be dpf. But even the 2.0 comes in both guises, you have to check the engine code, Martins page will help https://sites.google.com/site/1810ma...b6-engine-data

0 0 0

8. Re: Considering a B6 but have a few questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you have the funds just go for the later Common Rail 2.0 units then you can have the performance with the reliability you are after.

The Passat CC is the highest listed VW car for reliability in this years Warranty Listings and the B6 Common Rail is essentialy the same car.

Cheers
    Lee
    2010 VW Passat 2.0CR TDi DSG, Parking Sensors, RCD510 with Media-In Interface and bluetooth, Leather, Cruise, TPM, Auto Hold, 17% Tints, Candy White.

0 0 0

9. Re: Considering a B6 but have a few questions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys, I have a bit more digging around to find the right one!

0 0 0