1. Audi B7 A4 2.0TFSI Quattro High Pressure Fuel Pump and Camshaft Failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 55 plate (new shape) A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI with 70k on it. It has the GDI engine in it. It is a great car but a couple of weeks ago it was not accelerating smoothly. The garage has looked at it and found several problems, new coils, plugs and petrol tank pump were needed but still it would not pick up smoothly.

They have now looked at the high pressure pump on the engine and found that it is damaged along with the camshaft that drives it The case hardening on the camshaft has deteriorate. It is not clear if the case hardening failed first and caused the pump to fail (by vibration I guess) or if part of the pump failed and damaged the surface of the camshaft. Whatever way I am looking at a huge bill to fix this and not very happy.

Spoken to 2 Audi dealers, one has never seen this and the other has seen failures but I did not get the details.

Just curious if anyone else has come across this as an issue.
    Last edited by hal402; 28-10-2011 at 10:24 PM. Reason: just to clarify that it is the cam that drives the pump that is damaged not the valve cam.

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. High Pressure in Fuel Tank
    By I.T. in forum Audi A6 - C5 Forum - 1998 - 2004
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 11:32 AM
  2. High pressure Fuel Pump Problems on 1.6 TDI
    By bdb in forum Golf MK6 - 2009 - 2013
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17-12-2010, 10:25 AM
  3. High pressure fuel pump replacement I THINK?
    By MathewRB in forum Audi A4 - B7 Forum - 2005 - 2008
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 09:16 PM
  4. Audi allroad quattro TDi fuel pump
    By brickit in forum A6 - S6 - RS6 - - Archive Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-11-2008, 10:33 PM
  5. Audi A8 4.2 Quattro Sport Fuel Pump problem
    By garethn in forum A8 - S8 - V8
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13-10-2007, 07:00 AM