1. Oil Pressure Warning Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Last week I happened to notice my oil pressure warning light was not on when I turned the ignition on. I am sure it used to be, so phoned dealer, they checked and said yes it should be on, so took the car in today to be looked at.

The outcome, they said it does not come on on this model (GT TSI 160), they checked against another car and it was the same.

Photos shown initial switch on and after 20secs, see no oil light.

Could I ask other members if you have a TSI, does your light come on then go off when engine started.

The ,ost i,portant warning light on the dash and there is no ckeck to show bulb is ok, so how do you know if it will come on when the oil pressure drops.

PA270010.jpgPA270008.jpg
    Golf mk6 GT TSI 160 3 door Black with convenience pack

0 0 0

2. Re: Oil Pressure Warning Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The warning will appear in the central MFD wont it? (if the oil pressure is low, not at startup time)

0 0 0

3. Re: Oil Pressure Warning Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can confirm I get no oil light on my display anytime. I fact the handbook does not tell you where on the display the light is located.
    2011 . Golf Match. 1.4TSI Manual 122Ps Steel Grey.

0 0 0

4. Re: Oil Pressure Warning Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my bora shows an oil light when the ignition is turned on,but it goes out BEFORE you crank the engine. any fault with oil pressure, whilst running, shows up, as said above, on the central MFD, with something along the lines of a bleep, and then warning, garage etc. or words to that effect. i think yours will be the same,
    regards,
    stewy.
    first time i was up a ladder i was down a well
    4th cog,--two to go

0 0 0

5. Re: Oil Pressure Warning Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhigour View Post
    I can confirm I get no oil light on my display anytime. I fact the handbook does not tell you where on the display the light is located.
    No the hand book is rubbish here, it gives a description of the lights for every model, half of which are not on any one car.

The oil pressure light should on the rev counter at about the 2 o'clock, you can just see the symbol. On every other car I have ever seen the oil light comes on when you turn on the ignition, then goes out when the engine starts and oil pressure is good. The light comes on so you can see the bulb is ok and the sensor is working. On this car you will never know, in 5 years time the bulb is not working and you have no pressure, next the engine seizes.

There should be a warning in the MFD plus the light, but if the sensor is knackered, how do you know there is no oil pressure, this is a design flaw that could cost thousands of pounds.

0 0 0

6. Re: Oil Pressure Warning Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I despair with the modern VAG oil pressure warning systems. From 1982 to 1998 they used a reliable twin switch dynamic pressure warning system which monitored the pressure at two levels throughout the rev range and I know for a fact this system saved many engines from damage due to a drop in pressure. I was driving a Golf 2 Syncro yesterday and the buzzer kept going off, telling me that something was wrong and to take a look, which I am just about to do. Suddenly VAG decided that we don't need to know that much about the pressure status and so we now see numerous instances of total engine failure and turbo damage which could easily have been avoided, I really don't understand why they made this decision. I have seen instances where people have started an engine up with no oil in and the engine has seized before any warning has appeared. The daft thing is I have only ever seen the modern pressure warning come on when cranking a car over that won't start!
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Oil Pressure Warning Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not many TSI owners on here it seems.

Well I have checked another car and it seems the oil light does not illuminate at any time unless there is a fault.

Very poor VW, how do you know the bulb is not blown or that there is a problem which causes the pressure to be slow to build. Both of which could be investigated before a catostrophic failure of the engine.

0 0 0

8. Re: Oil Pressure Warning Light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I agree and it has been like this since 1998, I have seen countless engines destroyed because of it.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0