1. 7 digit postcodes on basic-spec MMI Nav 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My September 2011 registered C7 A6 with bog standard SD card based low-res small screen MMI nav..... has full 7 digit postcode search. I wasn't expecting this. The brochure only lists 7 digit postcodes as a feature of the MMI High option.

Am I just lucky ?

0 0 0

2. Re: 7 digit postcodes on basic-spec MMI Nav 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My Brochure says the standard SD card based one has 7 digit post codes, pg15

0 0 0

3. Re: 7 digit postcodes on basic-spec MMI Nav 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just checked the April 2012 brochure which does indeed say that. The April 2011 brochure, which I think was current when my car was built, doesn't mention it, so I was pleasantly surprised to get it. It was the only reason I had considered looking for a car with tech pack....

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My January registered 2.0tdi with basic sat nav full post code functionality; not a surprise, was told it was included

0 0 0

5. Re: 7 digit postcodes on basic-spec MMI Nav 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmore Spur View Post
    My January registered 2.0tdi with basic sat nav full post code functionality; not a surprise, was told it was included
    Maybe they're including this to compensate for the issues with the iPhone rSAP/MMI/Google

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not here as Audi protector, but use my iPhone 4S daily via Bluetooth and for music via red MMI cable.... All working really well. Am I just lucky?

0 0 0

7. Re: 7 digit postcodes on basic-spec MMI Nav 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmore Spur View Post
    Not here as Audi protector, but use my iPhone 4S daily via Bluetooth and for music via red MMI cable.... All working really well. Am I just lucky?
    Nope - not at all. Everything works fine unless you want to use online services. If you just want your iPhone to be a phone and iPod, everything works swimmingly. If you want to use google earth maps and online traffic and allow connected wifi devices to access the internet, you either need to put your iPhone sim into the dash, or put a different sim into the dash and set your iPhone to forward calls to this.

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

8. Re: 7 digit postcodes on basic-spec MMI Nav 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ...and accept that outgoing calls will appear to come from a number which only works in your car.

A6 SE Estate 3.0 TDi with no style but loads of gizmos

0 0 0

9. Re: 7 digit postcodes on basic-spec MMI Nav 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Nathan View Post
    ...and accept that outgoing calls will appear to come from a number which only works in your car.
    ...or pop the sim out of the dashboard and re-pair your iPhone via HFP to make the outgoing call.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Must admit all that switching your sim advice fills me with dread.... Real pain to take your SIM in and out of an iPhone. Guess it just depends upon what you want...I like the gadgets but only the tried and tested stuff that gives me the convenience and ease of going from office to car to home to car etc with all the gadgetry talking to each other effectively.... Which for me it does; the mystery worlds of rSAP and other things mentioned makes me think it's just all a little too ambitious and over geeky before the technology is tried trusted and reliable

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast