Notices

User Tag List

Thread: No hot air

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Angry No hot air 
    dockermel Guest
    as above really my heater just blows cold/luke warm air on hot setting and even if you put the front windscreen dimist button still no hot air.. what should i look for?? thanks. starting to get a bit pi--ed off with this car as it has so many faults

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does the engine warm up properly?

You need a fault code scan to point you in the right direction. It's just guesswork otherwise.

0 0 0

3. Re: No hot air 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is this when you first turn the car on? Or does it always do it? First thing I would check is the radiator fluid but without more info it's difficult to diagnose.
    Audi A4 2.0TDI Quattro 177PS Black Edition (B8.5) in Brilliant Black, B&O sound system, MMI 3G+ satnav, Parking System plus, Interior LEDs, Privacy Windows

0 0 0

4. Re: No hot air 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Its either the heater matrix blocked/air locked,have a feel up by the clutch pedal,look for two silver pipes see if they're hot when the engines up to 90 degrees,then as suggested already get the aircon scanned for faults your heater motor flaps may be sticking.

0 0 0

5. Re: No hot air 
    dockermel Guest
    the air con works fine.. lovely and cold. will try the pipes by the clutch pedal when i have a mo.. anything else i should try? the car warms up ok no problems there..just no hot air from the heater..

0 0 0

6. Re: No hot air 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    If the matrix is ok you still need the aircon scanned it controls the heat too.

0 0 0

7. Re: No hot air 
    dockermel Guest
    do i need to have the heater on when i feel the pipes by the clutch pedal and how do i get rid of any airlocks in the system??i know nothing about cars so need in depth info and pics if possible.. thanks

0 0 0

8. Re: No hot air 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    stollen from bez off another forum .

flap motors
    scan with vcds
    or glovebox out and switch in turn and watch for them to work
    they get stuck alot
    and with you not useing then alot could be the case

Full vcds HEX-USB-CAN Interface available in the staffordshire area PM me

0 0 0

9. Re: No hot air 
    dockermel Guest
    if they are stuck is it a dash out job to repair or do they have to be replaced?? thanks

0 0 0

10. Re: No hot air 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Its unusual for both sides to stick together,you could take the glove box out and watch the red lever operate,(thats the heat for passenger side) but you said you have no heat for both sides and the demister! You've got more fundamental I think than a flap motor.Airlocked matrix can be a bitch to clear,If you have limited knowledge and tools It might be advisable to use a garage.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast