1. Re: No hot air 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Now going through this fault on mine, Always blowing A/C cold air unless on ECON at which point it was ambient. I have had to stop fault finding to go back to sea.

Got this far:

Put my had in the passenger footwell and looked for servos- you can see 2, 1 red and 1 blue. Press the raise temperature button and the red servo should move the lever inwards to open the flap to heat and outward to cold. If there is no movement then your Servo is not operating.
    I managed to remove mine in situ with a 6mm spanner, you can access/remove 2 of the 3 bolts with a little dexterity, the third I will leave you to decide. Once removed, I manually moved the flap inward and got heat straight away. I tested the Servo with a 12 volt supply and it functioned in both directions.
    When i get home I need to test whether the potentiometer in the Servo is faulty or check that the Climatronic is giving an output to the Servo.
    Incidentaly my demister servo is not working either.
    If you do a forum search, you can find how to do a self test on the Climatronic and the relevant fault codes. Mine told me that I had 3 servo faults several months ago, but it's taken me this long to get around to it.
    Also check this other thread http://www.ukpassats.co.uk/phpbb/vie...hp?f=8&t=40308
    I Need to source a B5.5 wiring diagram next.
    Good Luck

0 0 0

2. Thumbs up Re: No hot air 
    dockermel Guest
    took my motor too a mates garage. put a hose throu the in/out pipes for the heater. seems to be working now. the heater gets hot but seems to take a while.. a lot better than it was,could have been crap in the matrix..

0 0 0

3. Re: No hot air 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,
    very

0 0 0

4. Re: No hot air 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi All,
    Very intreasted in this thread, I have a late 2005 A4 1.9TDI 115BHP, started blowing cold air, building excess pressure in the cooling system and using coolant, after several several checks and consultations with some others failing head gasket was diagnosed, I took the head off, got it pressure checked it for cracks, and had it skimmed, new gasket and bolts used (genuine Audi) rebuilt head and fitted it - car running fine, no pressure & still no heat for about 1000Km then loads of white smoke and using coolant quickly!!! tracked it down to the exhast gas cooler on the inlet manifold looks like there was nothing wrong with the gasket in the first place in my book, fitted a new cooler unit (gen Audi) Engine running fine BUT still no heat feed pipe to heater matrix piping hot but outlet pipe cold, with engine running and up to temp i have no flow in the outlet pipe, if i drive the car, leave it running and move out the pipe (top one - outlet from heater matrix)to allow air bleed out through the little bleed hole in the hose i appear to get all the air out, but no matter how many times i do it within 10 min heater is cool again and there is no flow in the pipe if i remove the hose !!!
    at this stage its driving me mad --- anyone any thoughts ????

0 0 0

5. Re: No hot air 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have this problem too.
    My car is a 2004 FSI, when i bought the car a few months ago I felt the heating wasn't up to scratch. Three weeks ago I had the car serviced and when It was returned to me I was advised that the coolant was too low. I drained approx 2.5 litres and added the G12 coolant, bled it through. Since then I've had to bleed it every other day, the matrix is not getting full flow and the top pipe, outlet has an airlock in it. I bleed this out anf the car will heat for the next short journey, then run cold on the next, while driving it can get warm but when you stop moving the residual heat in the matrix is lost quickly due to the fan blowing hard and the air runs cold. The only thing I can think of is that the matrix has been full of air. I'm now at the stage where I'm thinking of draining the system and starting from scratch as i've bled enough air out as to add another 2 litres of coolant, considering the system only holds 7 litres, or could it be something else, I was even at the stage of head gasket blowing into the coolant but then the air would be fumes and it isn't, also removing the coolant cap while the engine running shows no bubbling and no other head gasket symptoms. Anyone got any other ideas.
    Brendan

0 0 0

6. Re: No hot air 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you fix this mate?
    Sorry it's quite an old thread hope your still here!

0 0 0

7. Re: No hot air 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanMCorr View Post
    I have this problem too.
    My car is a 2004 FSI, when i bought the car a few months ago I felt the heating wasn't up to scratch. Three weeks ago I had the car serviced and when It was returned to me I was advised that the coolant was too low. I drained approx 2.5 litres and added the G12 coolant, bled it through. Since then I've had to bleed it every other day, the matrix is not getting full flow and the top pipe, outlet has an airlock in it. I bleed this out anf the car will heat for the next short journey, then run cold on the next, while driving it can get warm but when you stop moving the residual heat in the matrix is lost quickly due to the fan blowing hard and the air runs cold. The only thing I can think of is that the matrix has been full of air. I'm now at the stage where I'm thinking of draining the system and starting from scratch as i've bled enough air out as to add another 2 litres of coolant, considering the system only holds 7 litres, or could it be something else, I was even at the stage of head gasket blowing into the coolant but then the air would be fumes and it isn't, also removing the coolant cap while the engine running shows no bubbling and no other head gasket symptoms. Anyone got any other ideas.

I'd like to know what the fix was for the original poster too, perhaps you could enlighten us!

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12